Member Spotlight: Ana Avila

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTRGV chapter.

Name: Ana Avila 

Class: Junior

Major: Mass Communications with a concentration in Broadcast Journalism.

Hometown: Edinburg, Texas

What made you decide to major in Broadcasting?

I love talking to large audiences! I’ve always been comfortable presenting and doing things on the spot so I feel broadcasting is for me.

What are your plans post graduation?

After graduation I plan on getting my Masters degree at UT Austin.

What is your favorite thing about UTRGV?

My favorite thing about UTRGV is that campus is located just 5 minutes away from my house and I love having my close friends attend the same university as me!

What is your favorite class that you’ve taken so far at UTRGV?

TV production is by far my favorite course so far! In that class we actually made commercials and did on screen interviews in a real studio, so that made me so excited for my future. 

What is your role within HCUTRGV?

I am one of the social media directors. I take care of our Twitter account. 

What is something that people may not know about you?

Many people don’t know that I do photography. My father is a photographer and he does it on the side as a hobby and I guess you can say i’m following in his footsteps. 

Victoria De Leon is a senior at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley and is pursuing a bachelor's degree in Marketing. She plans to pursue a career in the fashion industry as a buyer. Fashion has always been something that she loves and is deeply passionate about. One of Victoria's goals in life is to inspire women to dream big and go after those dreams. She wants to be an inspiration to all the women who grew up in a small town that anything you set your mind to is possible.