This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTRGV chapter.

1. Talking on the phone

Texting has become the most popular way in which millennials communicate. Whatever happened to talking on the phone for hours until falling asleep? For this step, you need your best friend´s, boyfriend´s or girlfriend´s digits, a phone and a topic of conversation.

2. Cartoons everywhere

Punch-out cardboard cards were given to us by all of our classmates in elementary school. These cards included characters from Disney shows, Nickelodeon and even Lisa Frank designs. On Pinterest and Google, you could find many cut outs to give out on Valentine’s Day.

3. Shout out on the radio

Does anyone else remember waiting for their favorite radio station to mention their name on their birthday? I loved this trend growing up! For this trend, you would have to check with your local radio station if they still offer old school shout outs.

4. Letters

“Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart,” Winnie the Pooh. As Pooh said, doing small things, like writing someone a letter, would fill your significant other’s heart with joy. To achieve this old school trend, you just need a pencil, pen and readable handwriting.

5. Mixtapes

Yesterday’s Pandora and Spotify consisted only of 10 songs. In other words, you had to choose wisely between The Cranberries, Sixpence None the Richer, Backstreet Boys and Goo Goo Dolls (tough decision). To recreate this 90s-trend, just purchase a MP3 CD. Then install the CD into your computer to burn the disk. You could easily find a tutorial on YouTube.

A Mass Communications major, with a minor in Art and Graphic Design. Passionate about creativity and food. 
UTRGV Class of 2018  Mass Comm Major Mexican-American Studies Minor