This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

It’s that time of the year again! That time of year where everyone seems a little more thankful than normal. The Thanksgiving season is such an odd time for a college student. We are coming towards the close of the fall semester. Meaning that our stress level is at an all-time high. There is so much to get done and nowhere near enough time. The Thanksgiving break is much needed for sure. I would like to challenge you though not to forget about all of the blessings you have to be thankful for even though your life seems to be falling apart, even though it’s not I promise. Here are some Bible verses to remind you of where your thoughts should be at this Thanksgiving.

Thessalonians 5:18

“In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”

Psalm 107:1

“Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.”

Colossians 3:17

“And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.”

James 1:17

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.”

Philippians 4:6

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”

Ephesians 1:3

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.”

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am an Agriculture Communications Major with a Minor in English at the University of Tennessee at Martin (Class of 2021).
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.