This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Spring is upon us, and it is time to start Spring Cleaning! This is a dreaded task that no one is extremely excited for. I think we can all admit that we feel a lot better once our rooms are all clean and organized, though; I know I do! Here are some tips to get your room in tip-top shape:

• Turn on some music. Choose whatever genre is your favorite, turn it up, and get ready to clean. Everything is more fun with music, especially cleaning. Music gets you in the right mood to be productive and have fun.

• Go through your clothes and sort them. Get rid of the clothes you never wear or the clothes you have outgrown. Sort your clothes by color or seasons to get your closet more organized. For any out-of-season clothes, consider putting them in a storage tote, such as an under the bed zip up storage bin.

• Rearrange your furniture. If you want a new look for your room, try moving your furniture around to create a more open space. Buy a cube organizer shelf or a 3 drawer cart to put miscellaneous items in. The cube organizers are a great way to add a pop of color to your room or a boring wall.

• Actually clean. This is my least favorite part of Spring Cleaning, but it is so necessary. Vacuum or sweep depending on the flooring that you have. Wash windows to get a clear view of the beautiful spring weather. Dust any furniture or picture frames. Put a clean set of sheets on your bed. Wash the clothes you’ve been putting off for the past week. Clean your mirrors so you can see how beautiful you are each morning.

• Arrange the things on your desk to give it an instagrammable look. Put all of your pens, pencils and highlighters into a mesh cup holder. Add a candle for a calming effect for those nights you’re staying up late working on an essay. Hang a calendar on the wall near your desk to keep up with assignments and plans. Bulletin boards are a great idea to pin random things, such as photos and invitations. Desk organizers are a wonderful investment to keep all of your office supplies neat.

• Look on Pinterest for all your other organizing needs. There is an abundance of ideas on Pinterest to help you find the perfect way to get everything organized flawlessly.

Photo source: https://www.pexels.com/photo/business-clean-computer-connection-389819/

Romans 5:8  I attend the University of Tennessee at Martin as a Psychology major. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my friends, reading books, and taking naps.