element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Movies You Should Watch This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

It’s that time of year again. The holidays are here, and it’s getting cooler outside. That can only mean one thing: staying inside where it’s warm and cozy and watching movies. When it gets to be this time of year, I personally enjoy watching Christmas movies. With all the channels available with multiple movies to choose from, it can be hard to decide which ones to watch. I’m here to tell you which movies I have watched and would most definitely recommend. Hopefully, this will help make your decision a little easier.

1. Home on Christmas Day

If you are looking for a movie that will give you all the feels, this one definitely won’t disappoint. Home on Christmas Day is about a high school senior who lives with her mom. As she is preparing to go off to college, she meets a guy, and they fall in love. Their love is short-lived, however, as he is getting ready to leave for boot camp. This movie will give you feelings of joy while also giving you a good cry and a happy ending. Also, it is new this year and you can catch it on the Hallmark channel. This is one you don’t want to miss!

2. Christmas With Holly

In this feel-good movie, a little girl who has lost her mother goes to live with one of her three uncles. They move to the island his other two brothers are living on so he can tend to his coffee shop. Throughout the movie, we learn more about Holly and what she has gone through. We also watch the three brothers come closer as they help care for Holly. This one is not new this year, but can be found on Hallmark, as well.

3. A Very Merry Mix Up

Alice, a woman who absolutely adores the Christmas season, is engaged to the love of her life who is preoccupied with selling land for development. His parents have yet to meet their soon to be daughter in law. The newly engaged couple plans to fly to his parents’ when he gets the call one of his biggest clients is making an offer. In the rush to get this taken care of and make the sell, he sends Alice to the airport and tells her he will meet her later on. Once the plane has landed at her destination, she runs into a man who just so happens to have a brother with the same name as her fiance. Not knowing any better, she goes with him to meet her soon to be in-laws who seem to love Christmas just as much as her. Little do they know, there was a bit of a mix-up. Find this movie on Hallmark to find out what happens!

4. Miss Christmas

When tasked with finding the perfect tree for the Radcliffe Tree lighting ceremony in Chicago, Miss Christmas encounters a young boy’s letter requesting a tree from his dad’s tree farm be used. She goes on a hunt to a small town hoping to find this young boy and the perfect tree. When she arrives, her dreams are quickly shot down when the owner of the tree farm says he is not interested in donating or selling a tree. This movie can be found on Hallmark if you’re interested in seeing how Miss Christmas finds the perfect tree and love at the same time.

This list may be short, but this is only a glimpse of the many great movies to choose from on Hallmark this Christmas season. Whether you’re looking for a feel-good movie or a sappy one, Hallmark is sure to have it. The full listing of air dates and times can be found on their website. Don’t let the season pass you by without checking out some of these movies!

Photo courtesy of Pixabay.

I'm a senior Ag Communications major and Zeta Tau Alpha sister. I love coffee, my family and dogs.