KA Philanthropy Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Kappa Alpha’s philanthropy week is here! This week, known as KA Cares Week, doesn’t benefit their national philanthropy, the Muscular Dystrophy Association, but helps local ministries like We Care and Santa’s Helpers, which are located in Martin and Dresden. KA Cares will be a week full of fun events, community service opportunities and the beloved Wendy’s night. I got the privilege to talk to Stetson Hayes, their Community Service chair, about the schedule of what will be happening the week of November 27th!

KA is starting the week off on Monday the 27th with a canned goods drive. This will be happening from Monday to Friday, and it is a competition between the sororities on campus. The cans are being collected in UC 210 during this time, and the sorority with the most participation in the can drive will receive the entirety of the funds raised on Wendy’s night. They are also holding a clothing drive all week, with those donations also being collected in UC 210. Wednesday is Wendy’s night from 5-8 at the Wendy’s in Martin, TN. During this time, a percentage of the sales will be donated to KA, who will then give the proceeds to the sorority that wins the canned food drive during the week. To round out the week, there will be a Rent-A-Gent event on Thursday from 7-9 at the KA House (224 Hannings Lane, Martin).

KA Cares is a great way to get involved in the community and with UTM. If there is ever a question, they have posted the full schedule as well on Portal under the UTM Announcements section. The brothers are also selling t-shirts, which are pre-order only, for $20.00. Make sure to take advantage of this event the week after Thanksgiving to give back to Martin and the surrounding areas in Northwest Tennessee!

Photo courtesy of Pixabay.

Sport Business major at UTM. Puppo enthusiast and active dog mom. Alpha Delta Pi.