This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

It’s the season of thankfulness, and there are so many things for me to be thankful for. I can’t even begin to describe everything that I have been blessed with, but I’m going to take the time to name a few.

• I am thankful for a loving and forgiving God.

• I am thankful for the gift of salvation.

• I am thankful for my family.

• I am thankful for my wonderful boyfriend.

• I am thankful for my boyfriend’s family.

• I am thankful for all of my friends.

• I am thankful for the BCM.

• I am thankful for UT Martin and everything I’ve learned since being here.

• I am thankful for the memories I have been able to make.

• I am thankful for books.

• I am thankful for all the neat experiences I get to have.

• I am thankful for coffee and sweet tea.

• I am thankful for the vacations I have been on and am getting ready to go on.

• I am thankful for the beauty of nature.

• I am thankful for my dog.

• I am thankful for a cell phone, especially when I’m three hours away from home.

• I am thankful for planners, because I would be lost without mine.

• I am thankful for free events on campus.

I encourage you to sit down and write out some things you are thankful for as well. You’ll be surprised with the plethora of things you’re able to think of, either right away, or with a little time. It gets you in the right mindset for Thanksgiving, but it also reminds you of all the things you have. I think we sometimes get caught up in the things we don’t have or the things we wish we had. It’s nice to focus on what you do have.

Romans 5:8  I attend the University of Tennessee at Martin as a Psychology major. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my friends, reading books, and taking naps. 
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.