How to Fight This Battle We Call Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

No one really tells you how to prepare for life you just short of have to wing it and hope for the best. Life has been a learning process for me over the past few years, and I am definitely having to take it all one step at a time, but have you ever just sat down and thought just why no one has told what you to expect in life and how to handle it all…. Well, I have come to the conclusion that no one knows what they are doing in the lovely battlefield called life.

I want to share with you a few of the mechanisms I have been implementing in my life to try and handle all the obstacles I have been faced within the past few years

1. Trust in Yourself

You must first trust in yourself before you can trust anyone or anything else. I mean you are the one person that truly knows yourself and what you want to fulfill in life.

2. Take Hurtful Comments and Use Them to Build Yourself

There are always going to be people in this world that are going to try to get you done, but use their comments to build yourself because you know your true worth.

3. Surround Yourself with Good People

If you keep the bad in your life, you cannot grow and prosper. You need people to help you fight this battle. You do not need the people to fight against you.

4. Take Bad Experiences and Find the Good in Them

I have been the queen of finding made self in the middle of something bad within the past few months, but I have managed to find at least one good learning experience in them all. You always have to remember that you have to have the bad to find the good.

5. Talk About Your Problems

Do not let anger, pain, sadness or anything build up. You need to find at least one person even if it is your mom or dad that you can vent to. Trust me, I am the world’s worst at letting things build up until I bubble over into a hot mess. It may feel like if you are constantly venting to someone it is getting on their nerves, but if they truly care about you they would rather listen to you in your time of need rather than you holding it all in.

6. Remember that God is Always by Your Side

Times may get tough and you may begin to doubt yourself, but whenever you need someone and you think no one is around God is listening even if you do not speak words. We may not know exactly why everything is happening, but the Bible says in Proverbs 3:5, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding,” and sometimes that is what you just have to do.

Next time before you get all down on yourself and start doubting your purpose on this earth come back to this article and read through each step. Take a breather and look on the brighter side of things and just think it could all be worse.

Cheyenne Johnson is a sophomore at the University of Tennessee at Martin and she is currently studying Agricultural Communications. Cheyenne comes to Martin from the small town of Scotts Hill that is located in West TN. She discovered she loved Martin once she had the chance to participate in the Tennessee Governors School of the Agricultural Sciences She is a sister of Sigma Alpha and is serving as the chapter Secretary. She is also a part of collegiate FFA as well as other organizations on campus. She is extremely excited to start this new journey with Her Campus at UTM.