This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

If you love any of the classic Grinch movies, the 2018 remake is a must see! This animated version is absolutely adorable. This movie is perfect for children, but it’s just as great for the adults watching it, too. I love all of the Grinch movie, but personally, this one is my new favorite. I loved it that much! The movie is comical, and it will have everyone who’s watching it entertained the whole time. The scenes are beautiful and so colorful. This movie was a delightful and refreshing spin on the classic tale of the Grinch.

The movie is easy for children to understand and follow, and it teaches plenty of valuable lessons along the way. It’s definitely something to watch at this time of the year. This movie shows the Grinch growing up in an orphanage with no family for the holidays, which is the reason for his bitterness towards Christmas. He realizes the real meaning of Christmas and the holiday season through the kindness of sweet Cindy Lou Who. The film teaches children that gifts and decorations are not what’s important. It’s all about your heart and giving, even if you’re just giving kindness and friendship. Sometimes that is far more important than any expensive gift could ever be.

The movie teaches children to find joy even in the somewhat sad times. The Whos were full of joy even after all their presents and decorations were taken. It teaches the importance of inclusion and friendliness, especially to those that aren’t always the nicest. The Grinch was mean to the Whos, and he was very surly when around them. Cindy Lou Who and her family still invited him to their Christmas dinner despite all the mean and bad things he had done. That little bit of inclusion changed his complete outlook. He became friendly and helpful. He learned to love the season and the singing that he hated so much before.

It also teaches the importance of kindness and friendship. The Grinch went through life sad and loathing the people and things around him. All he wanted was a relationship with others and someone that cared about him. Having friends helped cheer him up. An unhappy child at school may just need a friend and someone to care about him to help him become joyful. This movie also teaches children about orphanages. It shows how some children don’t have a loving family environment to grow up in, and that can cause the person to be reclusive.

I believe this is a movie that everyone should run to go watch. It is such a cute movie. It teaches life lessons and entertains viewers of all ages. It’s full of beautiful Christmas decorations, joy filled singing and funny moments. What more could you want in a movie?

Go see The Grinch (2018) today!

Romans 5:8  I attend the University of Tennessee at Martin as a Psychology major. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my friends, reading books, and taking naps. 
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.