This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Most students will appreciate any gift they receive. This list is just to throw out some fun examples of things commonly enjoyed by students. Each person is different, so use your best judgment when purchasing gifts. 

• Gift Cards- College students love gift cards. It’s like free money. Gift cards to restaurants, Starbucks, clothing stores or even Walmart are always good choices. 

• Reusable Water Bottles- There’s so many different kinds of water bottles available to purchase, and they’re all a good idea for students. One of my favorite bottles to use is one with a diffuser, so I can add lemon and other fruits to my drink.

• Books- If you know they enjoy reading, books are an easy gift to find. You can find books for fun reading. You can find motivational or inspirational books. You can find religious books. I’ve noticed a popularity in adult coloring books as well. 

• Journal and Pens- I have several friends who enjoy journaling. This could be as simple as writing down the highlights of each day or doodling. Some people really like bullet journaling. There’s several different ways to journal. There are many different pens and markers out there to help create a fun journal. 

• Snacks- This could be a wide variety of things. Some of my favorites are: popcorn or kettle corn, boxes of movie candy and Doritos. 

• Movie Basket – You could create a basket designed for a movie night. Throw in a movie or two, some movie snacks, sodas, etc. 

• Speakers- Speakers are common in stores, and they are super popular on a college campus. 

• Smart Watch- Whether it’s an Apple watch or a Fitbit, it will be greatly appreciated. This isn’t a gift for everyone, but I think most people would enjoy it if they don’t already have one. Each smartwatch on the market includes different features, so look around and find one that meets the needs of the student you’re giving it to. I personally love my Fitbit. It’s affordable and meets all my needs.

• Decorative Items- This probably applies more to girls, but it can apply to boys as well. Personally, I believe one of the best things about moving away from home is redecorating your new space. There are endless possibilities, color schemes and themes you can use. Adding a new piece of wall art or a decorative pillow can make a huge difference in a small space. Wall tapestries are a hot item right now. 

Romans 5:8  I attend the University of Tennessee at Martin as a Psychology major. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my friends, reading books, and taking naps.