jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fun Fall Activities to Try Out This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but… IT’S FINALLY FALL! After a long summer of intense heat and humidity, cool and mild weather sounds perfect. In recent years, there’s been a sort of “fall-craze” going around. People are obsessed with seasonal flavors and scents, autumn-inspired décor and fall wardrobes. While these are all great, my favorite part of fall is the seasonal activities. Here are some fun, cheap fall-inspired activities that work for practically any group of people.

For starters, there’s the typical fall activities such as visiting a pumpkin patch, apple orchard or corn maze. These all will likely cost money and require some traveling, so it would be best to sit down and plan a day that your group can go. There are several places around Martin that offer these activities; I’ve found them by word of mouth or searching online. These types of activities are great for a short day-trip.

Second, there’s the simple fall activities. Hayrides, bonfires, picnics, scenic drives and photo shoots are all fun ways to celebrate the fall season. These activities are easy to put together because all that’s really required is other people. Scenic drives and photo shoots let you appreciate the beauty of the season. Hayrides, bonfires and picnics let you share the festivity with others. Though these activities can be done on a whim, they will create life-long memories.

Next, there’s the adventurous fall activities. Star gazing and hiking are two outdoorsy activities that work well in the fall due to the season’s climate and scenery. These activities require preparedness and caution; if done wrong, they can be dangerous. It’s best to plan when and where you’ll be going, and someone else should be aware of your plans. Hiking can be done practically anywhere, but there are some great hiking spots about an hour’s drive from Martin.

Finally, there’s the required fall activities. It’s not really fall if you don’t participate in at least one of these activities: football games, fall shopping and pumpkin carving. It’s virtually impossible to escape these activities; football games are held each weekend, fall clothing is out at every store, and pumpkins are set outside almost everywhere. None of these activities are too expensive, and they’re all lots of fun. I guarantee that once you do one of these activities, you’ll be excited for the fall season.

There’s a lot more fall-inspired activities out there, so be creative! With the fall-craze that’s been going on, I’m sure many people will begin to go on these activities as soon as they can before the season’s over again. Don’t be afraid to hop on the bandwagon and try some of these activities out, and as they say – Happy Fall, y’all!

Claire is a sophomore at the University of Tennessee at Martin, close to her hometown of Union City, TN. Her major is Marketing with a minor in English and Psychology. Claire is a member of the University Scholars Organization and one of the sororities on campus. Claire enjoys spending her free time doing an assortment of activities with her friends and family, including kayaking, going on photo shoots, sitting in hammocks, traveling, and exploring outside. Claire's career in writing is just starting, and she's very excited to see where Her Campus takes her.
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.