Career

Five Things College Students Can Do Without Spending Money:

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Guest Contributor: Shay Reid

We all have those days where we want to go out and eat with our friends or go spend a day shopping at the mall, but as college students living on part time jobs and the money our parents send us there isn’t a lot to do; so here are some things that college students can do on a budget:

1. Take a hike – not only is this totally free to do, but it also fun! Spend a few hours walking the trails and enjoy nature! Take some friends with you to make the day more enjoyable!

2. Host a game night! Pick a couple of board games or even a party game like Heads Up and invite some friends over and play the night away! Time flies when you’re having fun!

3. Go to a free meal! Free meals are everywhere in college, you just have to know how to find them. Hit up those college ministries and get your grub on!

4. Go to events offered on campus! Most college campuses offer free events like movie nights, comedians, dances, parties, etc. Take advantage of the opportunities that college has to offer! Get out of your comfort zone and meet people!

5. Go hangout with your friends! – this is totally the cliche answer, but honestly the most fun you will have in college is being with your friends. So go to the rec, play video games, take a walk around campus, or even a drive. Take advantage of the time spent with them! It’s Priceless!

Brigitte Curcio is a Senior at the University of Tennessee at Martin. She is studying Public Relations and Women's Studies. She is from Connecticut and moved south for school to be on the Division 1 Skyhawk Rifle Team. She is a sister of Zeta Tau Alpha and she serves as Panhellenic President among many other leadership positions around campus. She is so proud that she is able to be a part of bringing Her Campus to UTM.