This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

For the past few weeks, there has been a constant buzz on social media concerning Enneagram types. People have been comparing their types and posting which characteristics match up with their own.

For those of you who haven’t caught up on this new personality test, it basically goes through and asks you a series of questions and, at the end, matches you with a specific type, which you can then read more about. The test that I took was on the Enneagram Institute website, and it took me about 20 minutes, give or take.

After taking the test I came out being a Type Two, which is also called the Helper/Caretaker. In my case this is very accurate, and I found the description that I read afterwards to be very interesting, and honestly, it helped me to understand myself a bit more. It helped me realize that there is a reason that I react to certain things and, to be quite frank, it was nice to think about the fact that there are other people in the world that are wired similarly to how I am wired.

The descriptions walk you through your type’s basic fears and desires, as well as some motives and overall general information. The results also include examples of famous people that match up with your type as well. Some people that were on my list were Eleanor Roosevelt, Stevie Wonder and Priscilla Presley. Now, I don’t know how accurate those comparisons are, but it’s definitely something interesting to look at and read up on.

I will warn you, there are times when the test doesn’t work. My boyfriend took it and the description that popped up for his type did not match up with his personality at all. Something that you have to understand with these tests is that they can’t be perfect, because everyone is different. We can’t all fit in a box, or in this case, a nine-sided figure that is used to calculate your personality.

Personally, having the opportunity to read more about my personality type is interesting to me. It allows me to not only realize some things that I need to work on, but it opens my eyes to some realities that surround my personality. No one will completely match each and every description that is written, but it’s a good baseline to have if you want to learn more about what makes you tick.

Try out the personality test for yourself at https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/

I am studying Public Relations in the hope of one day opening my own orphanage. I was born and raised in South Africa and moved to Tennessee ten years ago. I have a deep love for Jesus, helping people and going on adventures.
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.