freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

To the Boy With a Million Chances

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

To the boy with a million chances,

You know who you are. You’ve hurt her. You’ve make her cry more times than you can remember. You’ve even told your friends it’s over countless times, but it never sticks. You’re the boy she wishes she didn’t love. You’re the boy with a million chances.

So, boy with a million chances, I’ll tell you a secret. A million is a lot, but one day a million will run out. One day she’ll get tired of tear stained pillows and she’ll listen to the advice of her friends who, justifiably, hate you. One day she’ll get out of bed and finally be over you.

Maybe that’s what you want. Maybe you keep coming back because you don’t want to hurt her. Maybe you come back because you feel bad every time you do something wrong. Maybe you’re better off without each other, but maybe you’re not.

If you can’t picture your life without her smile or without pulling her hairs off of every hoodie you own, then walk a mile in her shoes. If you care about her like you say you do, then think about what you can do to fix it.

I promise you that she isn’t in love with the boy with a million chances. She’s in love with the you she once knew. She’s in love with the way you make her laugh and feel like she’s the only girl you’ve ever kissed. She’s in love with the way you buy her cold medicine when she’s sick, and the way you make her slow dance, even when there isn’t any music. She’s in love with the way you secretly get jealous over other boys, because she knows it’s because you never want to lose her.

She’s in love with the man you’re capable of being. She sees the best in you and always will. She looks past your flaws because she knows one day you’ll have it all together. Stop making her wait for that one day. Be the person she knows you can be today.

Sincerely,

The girl who’s given 999,999 chances

I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.