This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

If you’re anything like me and you love to read, you’re constantly searching for new books. It doesn’t matter whether you have 20 books you haven’t gotten to read yet, or if your “to read” list is pages long. The idea of adding another book to that list or shelf is so alluring. There are always new books being published and old books that catch your eye and appeal to your heart strings. Here are some books I’ve read that I think you should add to your to read list because they are amazing, and they will make you fall in love with them.

Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler

This book really takes your emotions on a rollercoaster. It will have you laughing, and it’ll have you crying. It’s about an 89-year-old woman, her forbidden love story from the 1930s and her beloved hairdresser. This book is both heartbreaking and heartwarming. It is a love story that needs to be shared. It’s sweet. It’s sad. It’s everything you would want in a book. This book would also be an excellent choice for a book club to read through. There are plenty of things to discuss, and you’ll want to share this book with someone else.

The Wrath and the Dawn series by Renee Ahdieh

The Wrath and the Dawn and The Rose & the Dagger

This series has a unique setting and story. It’s one of those books you’ll get hooked on immediately. You’ll hate some of the characters, and then you’ll love them. Some characters you’ll go from loving them to hating them. It keeps you on your toes, and you’ll never want to put the books down. Every night, the Caliph marries a new bride, and each dawn, the new bride is found dead. Shahrzad volunteers herself to be his new bride after her best friend died being the last bride. What happens to Shahrzad when she arrives? Will she be able to survive or face her inevitable death? You’ll have to read it to find out!

Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me, Unravel Me and Ignite Me

This series is written beautifully, ahe books are so easy to get into. Make sure you’ve got all 3 books because you’ll definitely want to finish them. This book is about a 17-year-old girl who has a lethal touch. The society she lives in wants to lock her up away from others, but she chooses to fight back. The Reestablishment, a controlling government, wants to use her ability to torture others. She hates the idea, but it’s her only chance to get out of the asylum that she’s been isolated in for years. What will she choose to do, and how will her choice impact her future?

The Selection series by Kiera Cass

The Selection, The Elite, The One, The Heir and The Crown

I was actually heartbroken when I finished this series. I became so attached to America, the main character, that I wasn’t sure how I could go on with life without getting to read her story. This book series is a beautiful love story. It captivates your attention from the start, and never loses it throughout the five books in the series. The books start off with a Bachelor-style competition where a prince tries to find his new lady from a pool of 35 selected girls. The selected girls are thrilled at the opportunity to participate in this competition. Well, all of the girls except America are thrilled, who would rather be home instead of competing for the love of someone she has no interest in. What will happen as she gets closer to the prince, and deeper in the competition?

Romans 5:8  I attend the University of Tennessee at Martin as a Psychology major. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my friends, reading books, and taking naps. 
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.