This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Whether you’re starting this semester stressed out, happy, heartbroken, homesick or just enjoying life, these Bible verses are for you! Use them to get through the hard times and to start each morning with a joyful heart. Here are 16 verses for the 16 weeks in a semester. Commit them to your memory, make an effort to remember one verse a week or just read them when you need them. This list is very brief, but you can always find something else that speaks to your heart by reading Scripture.

1. Proverbs 4:23

“Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”

2. Isaiah 12:2

“Behold, God is my salvation I will trust and not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation.”

3. James 4:7

“Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.”

4. Colossians 1:13

“For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”

5. 1 Timothy 1:14

“And the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus.”

6. 1 Peter 1:18-19

“Knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold…but with precious blood, ad of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.”

7. 1 John 4:4

“You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you, than he who is in the world.”

8. Romans 4:19

“And being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also perform.”

9. Proverbs 3:5-6

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”

10. James 1:2-4

“Consider it pure joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”

11. Isaiah 40:29

“He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power.”

12. John 14:27

“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.”

13. Psalm 103: 8

“The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness.”

14. Psalm 103:11-12

“For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.”

15. 1 Peter 5:7

“Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.”

16.  Romans 8:28

Romans 5:8  I attend the University of Tennessee at Martin as a Psychology major. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my friends, reading books, and taking naps. 
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.