This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

I always see people posting and asking their friends what they should watch on Netflix. So, I made a list of shows I recommend you watch if you’re one of those people. These are in no particular order, although Altered Carbon is really amazing, and I need a second season in my life, like, yesterday.

• Altered Carbon- It is a new show that just released on Netflix. 10/10 would recommend! Just give it a try, it would be too hard to explain what it is about without giving it away.

• New Girl- Two words: Nick Miller. In all seriousness, this show in entirely relatable to life. Jess moves into an apartment with three guys after a rough break up. The show follows Jess as she learns new things from her new roommates, she finds new love, she loses it and she gains new confidence as well. The episodes are short, so that is what makes this a great show for a busy college life.

• NCIS- Because who doesn’t love Gibbs? NCIS follows the lives and cases of Gibbs’ team. There is Ziva, Tony, Timothy, Abby and Ducky. This team has their ups and downs as they try to follow the rules that Gibbs has laid out for them.  

• Friends- If you haven’t watched Friends yet, you need to. The show follows six friends who live in New York. It’s not a reality show, but this is how you might want your life to turn out. Although, maybe not with the 90s fashion. Or, possibly, maybe just with the 90s fashion.

• Grey’s Anatomy- Because who doesn’t love feeling emotional and having our hearts ripped out? This follows the life of Meredith Grey from when she starts her medical career. Obviously, this is a medical drama, so you know the stories will be good, and you will probably need to bring a lot of tissues when watching this. R.I.P. to so many good doctors.

• Legends of Tomorrow- Superheroes. Well, actually, some are not superheroes when the show starts, but they end up being the hero we need. This show is about a group of people who become superheroes. However, they happen to be superheroes who can time travel. They work to correct the timeline of events while trying not to mess it up even more.

• The Magicians- My sister got me hooked on this one, and it’s super good. This is like an adult version of Harry Potter. There is magic, drama and love which is all ripped away from the characters. I cannot really say what it is about without giving all the good information away!

• Criminal Minds- Criminal Minds is kind of like NCIS with how it follows the lives of a law enforcement team. However, Criminal Minds is more serious and looks at the behaviors of the criminals to try and figure out why they are committing the crimes that they are.

• Supernatural- Dean Winchester. I started this show my freshman of college, and I finished all of the seasons in, like, a month! This show will keep you on your toes, it will make you laugh, and it will make you cry. It’s about a guy named Dean and his brother Sam who hunt monsters and save people because It’s the family business.

• The 100- Murphy will outlive everyone. This show takes place in the future of a world that is destroyed from nuclear weapons. Countries that sent people to space banded together to make a colony with their space crafts in order to keep the human alive. Their home then starts to lose oxygen and will not sustain life in space for much longer. The people of power decide to send the 100 to see if the Earth is livable. Watch this to see how their plan turned out.  

• Gotham- So many plot twists. This starts when Bruce Wayne is a kid, before he becomes Batman. However, this show is really about James Gordon when he is a detective, showing how much he struggled to get where he is when the Batman movies take place.

• How to Get Away With Murder- Important things we should all know. (Just kidding. Murder is bad). This is about a group of law students learning to get away with murder…but did they commit it? Who are they covering up for? Prepare for some major plot twists. Believe me, you’ll be hooked.  

• Riverdale- Of course, who would not want to watch a show with one of our childhood favorites? Cole Sprouse stars in this show about a small town trying to figure out a murder mystery that took place. Everyone is connected to this murder, so there is plenty of the drama to keep you entertained. I cannot wait until season 2 is on Netflix.  

I hope this list of Netflix suggestions helps to keep you busy while you procrastinate studying for those midterms just a little bit longer!

Photo source: https://stocksnap.io/photo/SPXGYT0LOF

I am a senior at UTM, I am majoring in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Law Enforcement. I am in Alpha Delta Pi, I am the President of the Criminal Justice Society at UTM. I love anything that has to do with cats and cacti.I am a proud cat mom, my cat's name is Kiwi. And I am a lifeguard at Magic Waters Waterpark in Rockford IL.