This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

In the many months ago that is known as February, pre coronavirus, pre-pandemic, pre craziness, we had a different sort of craziness on our screens known as Netflix’s Love is Blind. This was a dating show, just like the thousands of other dating show’s out there, but there was something different about this one. In this show, the daters would live together, the girl’s in one section, and the boys in another. When it was dating days, they would all individually enter a pod, with a dater of the opposite sex on the other side of the wall. They could talk and get to know each other, but the kick was you could not see what this person looked like. This was the true test to find out if love really is blind. 

When the cast decided mutually on the person they wanted to meet, they must first accept a proposal, again without ever seeing what each other looks like. If accepted, they were dramatically revealed to each other from behind a wall. They then went off to a resort in Mexico to spend time together before the wedding days where of course drama unfolds. Let’s digest the 6 couple’s who made it to Mexico, and where they are today.

Lauren and Cameron:

These two Love birds are still very happily married. They have a youtube channel called Hanging with the Hamilton’s where they do really cute stuff, and as of recent have been very open about staying home together during the quarantine. They both look great. It was recently announced that they will be hosting an Ellen produced game show called Game Night. There are no baby announcements, YET.

Carlton and Diamond:

After these two’s horrendous experience on the show, Diamond still has him blocked on social media. Even after he apologized for his actions throughout the experience on the reunion special, it wasn’t enough for Diamond to give her ex-fiance another chance. She is single and living her best life. Supposedly Carlton is still crushing on Diamond, but whether it is just for the cameras or not…. He is the only one that can answer that. 

Amber and Barnett:

These two are as strong as ever! All the drama with Barnett’s family not being 100% about Amber, is gone! The two families have blended nicely as you can see the many posts on Instagram including one Amber posted for Barnett’s dad on fathers day. These two seem very low key, in love, and obsessed with Pokemon Go.

Kenny and Kelly:

After their initial spark in the pods, upon meeting each other these two fizzled out. Supposedly, during the show’s filming, weeks before the wedding, these two had decided they were not going to get married. Kelly thought they were going to date after the show, but Kenny ghosted Kelly when filming wrapped. Kelly reached out several times, but nothing in return. Kenny is now happily in a relationship with another woman.

Gianna and Damien:

The number of fights that happened between these two during the show was ridiculous, all of us at home knew they weren’t a match and were not shocked when they didn’t get married. However, the real shock came when they announced at the reunion special that they were dating again. As of now, they are still together, and dating outside the craziness of the show has helped them as a couple. 

Mark and Jessica:

The whole being that is Jessica during this show was pure comedy. From her never shutting up about their age difference, to giving her dog wine, we know the girl is crazy so it was not a shock when she left Mark at the altar. She has taken a ton of hate online from the show. She was super into Barnett, but he had no interest in straying from Amber. These two will not be reconnecting, that’s for sure.

Overall, I would say this show was a success! Two married couples are way more than a lot of other dating shows can say…. The casting process has already begun for season 1 of the show and hopefully, there will be just as much love in the air next time around. 

PR Girl Enjoying life ? Instagram @madisonjudge