This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

Makeup is one of the first things I fell in love with when I was younger. I grew up with an older sister, we are five years apart, so she started wearing makeup before me. I used to let her give me makeovers from time to time, and whenever I would go to my grandma’s house with my other two cousins we would without a doubt end up playing in her makeup. When I got to the sixth grade I decided I wanted to start wearing makeup and it was one of those things that just became a passion of mine. One of my favorite things about it is to look at how my skills have progressed over the years and to see the different makeup trends I went through. The big thick dark eyebrows, solid not blended purple eyeshadow, intense highlight on the cheeks, and for a while I thought I was Kylie Jenner. I have differently improved my makeup skills and have found what works and does not work for me. I decided I would share some of my favorite/daily products that I have incorporated into my makeup routine to hopefully help you find a new product that you love.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser: Multi-use concealer

I started using a concealer for my eyeshadow base/primer about a year or two ago instead of the primer I was previously using and it has been a GAME CHANGER. I will never go back to expensive primer again. It runs for about $7-8 and you can get it at any drugstore or grocery store. I also use it to conceal my horrendous bags, because I am a college student. I stay up later than I should and get no sleep. It makes them virtually disappear. I find this extremely useful for someone who does not wear a foundation. If you like a light, natural look I highly recommend this concealer.

E.L.F Instant Lift Brow Pencil

I have used a couple of different eyebrow creams, pomades, pencils and this one is my FAVORITE. I use the shade Taupe. I have naturally brown hair so my eyebrows are kind of dark, but I am a fake blonde so it is the perfect shade to balance the natural eyebrow color to match with my hair so it’s not too harsh or too light. It has a spoolie at one end for you to brush your brows with and then a turning pencil that requires no sharpening. It is $2 and does not smear, it is super easy to apply and you can get it at any drugstore or grocery store.

Kylie Cosmetics Kyshadow Palettes

This one may seem a bit controversial, her makeup has mixed reviews but I LOVE her shadows. I have seven of her palettes and I love every single one of them. I love the variety of shades, the contrast between the glitter, shimmer, and matte shades. They are a little pricer. I think they run for about $20 you have to purchase them either from her site or through Ulta. But if that price is not in your budget, the ColourPop palettes as well as Morphe are also ones that I would recommend and are way cheaper. I alternate between the three brands depending on how I am feeling that day. 

Wet N Wild Megalast Breakup-Proof Liquid Eyeliner

I SWEAR by this eyeliner. I am the type of person that never goes a day without wearing winged eyeliner. Since I started doing winged eyeliner, I feel incomplete without it. This eyeliner has been a game-changer. Again, I have tried so many different kinds but this one is the one I keep coming back to. It truly is break-up proof, I have cried so many times with this eyeliner on and you cannot even tell. It runs for about $5, which hello I love that, and it lasts for so long. I do not have to buy it as often as I have had to buy other eyeliners, and I am all about saving a coin or two. It can be found at any drugstore or grocery store. 

L’Oéral Telescopic Mascara

This is my latest makeup find that everyone has been raving about for a couple of years on social media, but I swear by my Better Than Sex Mascara. I am so glad I made the switch though. This mascara makes my eyelashes look soooooo incredibly long. It is about $9-10 which is way cheaper than the $26 I used to spend. I find that it does not dry out or clump which is amazing. You can get it at any drugstore or grocery store. Plus the packaging is super cute, it looks like a gold telescope and I am big on the packaging. Cute packaging for products is always a plus in my book.

I hope I have inspired you to purchase some new products, go out with the old and in with the new. Treat yourself!!!

Hi! My name is Jessica! I am technically an English major, but I am in the Childhood Education program and I am going to be an elementary school teacher. I have always loved writing so, I am taking my personal hobby to the next level. I am a cat mom of two adorable kitties, and I am also a plant mom. I run an etsy shop where I sell products that I sew by hand with love. I think everyone should do what they love without caring what other people think. You are all beautiful and unique in your own ways. :)