This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

Hello everyone! I, like many others, spend hours upon hours scrolling through Tiktok. Feeds may look different depending on what you are interested in. But for me, my for you page is full of booktok suggestions. Booktok is a branch of Tiktok that is home to people who love to read and talk about books. I have found a lot of my favorite books through Booktok and I wanted to highlight some of them here for you!

Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

This book was highly recommended by a lot of people on my for you page. I honestly couldn’t even find a negative review on this book. I bought it and read the whole thing in two days, it was amazing. Miller’s writing style is so easy to read and the storyline is not only interesting but heartbreaking. This story follows a boy named Patroclus and his journey through life as he grows up alongside Prince Achilles. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to read or even anyone who wants to get back into reading.

The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

This book also came up on my page a lot. I heard a lot about this series so I decided to buy all four books. I am glad that I did because it only took me about five days to finish it. These books were well written and the high fantasy was fun to read about. The main character is well developed and you feel like you are right in the story. This story follows Jude Duarte who was kidnapped as a child and raised in the faerie world. It follows her journey as she and her sisters navigate the faerie world and deal with all that comes with it.

The Invisible Life of Addie Larue by V. E. Schwab

This book blew up on TikTok and was sold out at my Barnes and Noble for months. I was finally able to get my hands on it but I have not gotten to it quite yet. My to be read less is quite long and I am slowly making my way through as the semester is drawing to an end. But I have heard nothing but praise for this book. It follows Addie, a girl who made a deal with the devil. Addie will live forever but will be cursed. Any person that Addie meets will not remember her, until one day someone does. 

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sara J. Mass

This book series is now my all-time favorite series. The world-building is amazing and the characters are relatable in so many ways. This book series follows Feyre Archeron and her journey through the world of the high fae. There are currently five books and another one coming out in September.

From Blood and Ash by Jennifer Armentrout

I bought this book series before it sold out but have not gotten around to reading it yet. Many people rave about this book and say it is amazing. I have seen it all over Booktok and I can’t wait to read it. There are two books in the series and a third one coming out in April. This book follows Poppy, a maiden from birth who has always wanted to be a warrior. A maiden is not allowed to be touched and lives a life of solitude. Poppy has never had a life of her own and she is ready to start living.

Of course, these are just a few of the many many books on TikTok. These are the ones that I felt drawn to and a few that I enjoyed. I think that platforms like Tiktok and Instagram give people great recommendations for books to read. Even if you don’t like to read or just haven’t found the right book for you, there’s always time to try! I have been in a reading rut ever since I started college. But these books got me back into reading and I am enjoying the community again!

Hi guys! My name is Brianna and I am a senior biology major with a creative writing minor at Utica College. I love to read and write and spend time outside, especially in the fall. I am planning to get my masters in adolescent education in order to teach biology. Spreading positive vibes to all my readers!