This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

This summer was an eyeopener when it came to traveling. I went to Italy with my dad and we visited family. I had a nice time being able to go back and see my grandma and other family members I haven’t in years. 

The town I was in was my dad’s hometown on the side of a mountain, called Santo Stefano Del Sole. When it comes to traveling overseas it’s important to remember just because you bought an international package for your phone, or a hot spot, it doesn’t mean its always going to work. Luckily this was a family trip so I wasn’t alone experiencing phone issues but always double-check your carriers coverage areas before traveling and have maps and directions pre-printed or downloaded before going.

When it came to sightseeing we saw Positano along the Amalfi Coast, Royal Palace of Caserta, the beautiful island of Capri, along with other visits to surrounding towns and random mountains. It was very hot every single day I was there. Each place we went sightseeing was beautiful but always slightly ruined by how excruciatingly hot it was. It was so hot I didn’t understand how anyone was enjoying themselves. So whatever you do when sightseeing just be prepared and ready for any weather the place you’re going has to offer. This trip definitely taught me when it comes to sightseeing to plan accordingly with the weather and sightsee in the cooler months. 

Hey everyone, my name is Cristina. I'm a Senior here at Utica College!
Hi everyone!  My name is Katelyn DiViccaro and I am a freshman at Utica College. I am a cybersecurtity major and am always around computers.  But, I also have a love for anything makeup, advice, and romance.  Check out some of my articles and enjoy!