This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

If you’re like me and you love reality television, I have a few suggestions for you. MTV is known for their various reality television shows. Here, I have piled a few of my favorite shows from this channel that have premiered over years.

1. Catfish the TV Show

If you’re looking for a show that shows the ins and outs of an online relationship, this is the show for you. Nev and Max set out to help individuals figure out who they are talking to online. However, this show carries a lot of suspense into figuring out who is behind the screen.

2. The Challenge

The reality show “The Challenge” has been airing on television longer than I have been born.  This shows contains individuals from other reality television shows such as “The Real World”. All competitors take part in both physical and mental games in order to win the grand prize.  

3. Jersey Shore: Family Vacation

If you loved em’ then, you’ll love em’ now. This brings us on vacation with the original jersey shore cast, as they reunite.  If you are looking for drama and good laugh, this show is for you.

4. Parental Control

This show is on the older side and isn’t aired on television anymore.  But, you can you still find the episodes on the internet. This show features the parents choosing guys or girls for their son or daughter to date. They send them on the blind date, and the teen must choose between them or their current partner.  It’s quite the show filled with drama, laughs, and sometimes a little heartbreak. (IMDb 2018).

5. Fear Factor

Fear factor originally had aired in the early 2000s, however has recently made a comeback to the screen in 2018. The show uses its contestants’ worst nightmares in order to break them in the competition.  If they are able to last, they will win a sum of money. Like the others, this show is filled with both laughs and suspense as to what the outcome will be.

With that being said, I hope that you find these shows as enjoyable as I have!

References: N/A. (2018 ). Parental Control . Retrieved from IMDb : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465344/

Hi everyone!  My name is Katelyn DiViccaro and I am a freshman at Utica College. I am a cybersecurtity major and am always around computers.  But, I also have a love for anything makeup, advice, and romance.  Check out some of my articles and enjoy!  
Meet Bianca, I am currently a Junior at Utica College in Utica, NY.  I am a Criminal Justice major with a concentration in Homeland Security.  Crime investigation has always been something that interests me.  I’m dedicated and passionate and it’s hard for me to quit things. I get that from my father so don’t hold it against me- he was a veteran and police officer for 20 years.   Growing up in a family centered around law enforcement has helped guide me in this direction, and I will forever be grateful.  After graduation I intend to continue on to law school where I can further my education in hopes of becoming a criminal defense lawyer and later on a District Attorney.  An interesting fact about myself is that I found the passion to be a criminal defense lawyer from watching the O.J. Simpson case.  The facts and conspiracy theories evoked a whole new passion behind criminal investigation that I intend to use in my future.  One of my most prominent moments in my writing career was when I wrote for an online magazine and had my most prevalent article hit 1.6k shares.  I believe in treating people with the same kind of respect and manners you would expect in return, and in a way it has helped shaped my expectations in life.   When you first meet me I won’t be the loudest in the room or the center of attention, but I will be intently listening to everything you say, for what you have to say may have a purpose. I believe in purpose. I believe that everyone is here to help you grow into who you are today and who you will be tomorrow.