This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

I’m always on the hunt for shows and movies that can keep me interested and don’t drag on. I would say that I tend to lean towards entertainment that’s comical. There are a few shows that I like that pull at heartstrings.

1. The Office- Who doesn’t like Michael Scott. He’s the boss we all wish for in the future.

2. Parks and Recreation- Leslie Knope is on a mission to better Pawnee regardless of what obstacle is present.

3. Broad City- Abbi and Ilana are two best friends who are making their mark in NYC… kinda. It’s more about their journey of living in the busy city. They often find themselves in compromising situations.

4. Shameless- This show is one that always keeps me on my feet. I can never predict what will happen next. That is a major plus about it. It shows the struggle of one uncommon family dynamic. The eldest sister, Fiona Gallagher cares for all her younger siblings because her father and mother are unable to.

5. Grey’s Anatomy – Strong emotions come from this show. It can be very disheartening so I suggest having a box of tissues close by when watching it.

6. A Beautiful Mind- This is about John Nash, a mathematician, who suffered from Schizophrenia.

7. Modern Family- Every single character in this show is funny. It’s usually hard to have every character be comical props to the actors, actresses and writers.

8. I, Tonya- This is about Tonya harding, an olympic skater, and how her career went down the drain due to an incident she condon.

9. Molly’s Game- Love the initiative in this movie. Molly Bloom shares her story of how she became the leader of a very selective high stakes poker game

10. Black-ish- This show focuses in on a family. Their adventures of daily living are hilarious and in some cases relatable.

The list is in no particular order. I find all these shows and movies to be top notch. I usually am not one to repeat watch but I find these productions to be of such quality that I can re-watch them without being bored. I hope that this list is helpful for anyone looking for new shows.

I'm currently a Junior at Utica College. I'm majoring in health studies and working towards occupational therapy for graduate school.
Meet Bianca, I am currently a Junior at Utica College in Utica, NY.  I am a Criminal Justice major with a concentration in Homeland Security.  Crime investigation has always been something that interests me.  I’m dedicated and passionate and it’s hard for me to quit things. I get that from my father so don’t hold it against me- he was a veteran and police officer for 20 years.   Growing up in a family centered around law enforcement has helped guide me in this direction, and I will forever be grateful.  After graduation I intend to continue on to law school where I can further my education in hopes of becoming a criminal defense lawyer and later on a District Attorney.  An interesting fact about myself is that I found the passion to be a criminal defense lawyer from watching the O.J. Simpson case.  The facts and conspiracy theories evoked a whole new passion behind criminal investigation that I intend to use in my future.  One of my most prominent moments in my writing career was when I wrote for an online magazine and had my most prevalent article hit 1.6k shares.  I believe in treating people with the same kind of respect and manners you would expect in return, and in a way it has helped shaped my expectations in life.   When you first meet me I won’t be the loudest in the room or the center of attention, but I will be intently listening to everything you say, for what you have to say may have a purpose. I believe in purpose. I believe that everyone is here to help you grow into who you are today and who you will be tomorrow.