This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

Developing your own podcast doesn’t need a small loan of million dollars, but it does need consistency, creativity, and strong work ethic. Which is why, idkPODCAST could be a competitive digital contender in the works.

The idea to create this platform came from DJReystacks (Adalbert De La Cruz), DJUnruly (Jayson Bretton), and Daisy Reyes Cabral. Adalbert emphasized that the “idk” came from the variety of topics that they were going to shed light on. This podcast isn’t only limited to music, but it also provides a strong voice for the youth and a platform to be able to voice one another’s opinions, while also being able to gain another perspective on things like music, media, society, sex, and more.

They do invite guests on the show weekly, so I got the chance to sit-in on episode 3 and my experience wasn’t anything short of amazing. This episode was mainly focused on sex, fetishes, and gender roles. While being a part of this hour-long discussion I really did appreciate the raw unfiltered vibe that was allowed. Nothing was restricted or off-limits and I feel like that’s something that we don’t get too often when listening to the radio or watching television. Where does the youth go to hear things they can relate to?

It seems like at times society censors our experiences and culture, therefore when you’re given an opportunity to speak freely on a platform with people you look like you, it’s pretty therapeutic.

Overall, I think the idkPODCAST has built a strong foundation creates really good material that contains interesting substance. Stay tuned for all their episodes, which can be found on https://soundcloud.com/idk-podcast

Claudia M

Utica '20

Meet Bianca, I am currently a Junior at Utica College in Utica, NY.  I am a Criminal Justice major with a concentration in Homeland Security.  Crime investigation has always been something that interests me.  I’m dedicated and passionate and it’s hard for me to quit things. I get that from my father so don’t hold it against me- he was a veteran and police officer for 20 years.   Growing up in a family centered around law enforcement has helped guide me in this direction, and I will forever be grateful.  After graduation I intend to continue on to law school where I can further my education in hopes of becoming a criminal defense lawyer and later on a District Attorney.  An interesting fact about myself is that I found the passion to be a criminal defense lawyer from watching the O.J. Simpson case.  The facts and conspiracy theories evoked a whole new passion behind criminal investigation that I intend to use in my future.  One of my most prominent moments in my writing career was when I wrote for an online magazine and had my most prevalent article hit 1.6k shares.  I believe in treating people with the same kind of respect and manners you would expect in return, and in a way it has helped shaped my expectations in life.   When you first meet me I won’t be the loudest in the room or the center of attention, but I will be intently listening to everything you say, for what you have to say may have a purpose. I believe in purpose. I believe that everyone is here to help you grow into who you are today and who you will be tomorrow.