As a NYC native i’m always finding new places to check out. Over spring break instead of going somewhere warm I decided to stay home and made it my mission to check out new places and things to do. Here’s a list of five places and events I ventured out to.

1. Macy’s Flower Show

The store is taken over with beautiful flower accented sculptures. It is a sight to see. I find it very interesting how creative the minds of the artists who created these masterpieces are.

2. Upright Citizens Brigade

I love improv comedy. The speed at which the comedians come up with bits is amazing. This is a fun thing to do in the evening. Some locations have shows every night.

3. New York Hall of Science

Who knew science could be so much fun. This museum is a fun and interactive activity that is suitable for all ages.

4. St. Patrick’s Day Parade

I usually tend to watch parades on the television but this year I decided to go out and experience the St. Patrick’s day parade.  I was thoroughly pleased with the the festivities and the crowd. The parade goers kept a positive and celebratory presence at the parade.

5. Botanical Garden

Maybe it’s my excitement  for warm weather to come but I also went to the New York Botanical Garden.They have multiple locations- in different boroughs. It is an extremely beautiful and mesmerizing walk through. I recommend for people who like art.  

This is a very short list of ideas for a city filled with an a multitude of activities to fill your days with. Like I said before i’ve lived in the city my whole life and these are five things I just discovered.That means there’s so much more that the city has to offer.

I'm currently a Junior at Utica College. I'm majoring in health studies and working towards occupational therapy for graduate school.