photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

Flannel season is knocking at our front doors and the weather is my personal favorite! Who doesn’t like to be able to wear their favorite sweatshirt and feel just the right temperature on a nice fall day? I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t. Here are a few fun things for you and your friends to consider doing this fall to enjoy what I can call my favorite season.

1. Go apple picking

Something about the fall weather mixed with how yummy in season, fresh apples taste, make apple picking a super fun activity for you and your friends. Plus it’s usually a good chance to take nice pictures!

2. Go to a haunted corn maze or a haunted hayride

Even if you are like me and don’t necessarily like to be scared, it’s always fun to take a group of friends and get a little scare around the halloween season.

3. Have a movie night with apple cider doughnuts and apple cider + ABC family’s 31 nights of Halloween

The Halloween season makes curling up and having a movie night so much more appealing.Get together with your friends and enjoy some good

movies!

4. Go on a hike

The fall leaves are a beautiful sight all in itself. It’s time to enjoy nature’s beauty at its peak.

5. Take a long drive on back roads

Enjoy nature’s beauty in yet another way. Play some songs and let loose.

6. Bake an apple pie

Use up some of the apples from apple picking to bake a delicious apple pie.

7. Carve your own pumpkins

Even though my pumpkins always come out short of even sub par, it’s fun to let your creativity, or lack there of bloom, and they make great decorations.

Fall is my favorite time of year due to the comfortable weather and the abundance of fun things to do. Don’t let it go to waste before the snow comes and takes away all the fun! Take your friends and get out there and enjoy all that fall has to offer.

Hello everybody, my name is Stephanie. I am currently a Sophomore at Utica college. I am a nursing major and I am on the track and field team. I spend almost all my free time either in the library or practicing for track. I really enjoy having the opportunity to share pieces of me with you guys through the means of writing. Enjoy!
Meet Bianca, I am currently a Junior at Utica College in Utica, NY.  I am a Criminal Justice major with a concentration in Homeland Security.  Crime investigation has always been something that interests me.  I’m dedicated and passionate and it’s hard for me to quit things. I get that from my father so don’t hold it against me- he was a veteran and police officer for 20 years.   Growing up in a family centered around law enforcement has helped guide me in this direction, and I will forever be grateful.  After graduation I intend to continue on to law school where I can further my education in hopes of becoming a criminal defense lawyer and later on a District Attorney.  An interesting fact about myself is that I found the passion to be a criminal defense lawyer from watching the O.J. Simpson case.  The facts and conspiracy theories evoked a whole new passion behind criminal investigation that I intend to use in my future.  One of my most prominent moments in my writing career was when I wrote for an online magazine and had my most prevalent article hit 1.6k shares.  I believe in treating people with the same kind of respect and manners you would expect in return, and in a way it has helped shaped my expectations in life.   When you first meet me I won’t be the loudest in the room or the center of attention, but I will be intently listening to everything you say, for what you have to say may have a purpose. I believe in purpose. I believe that everyone is here to help you grow into who you are today and who you will be tomorrow.