Happy Fun Laughing Girls
Happy Fun Laughing Girls
Cassie Howard / Her Campus

The Positives of Joining a Sorority

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

The stereotypes of sororities are very far from the truth of what they are like. When I first arrived at college I thought I would never join greek life, but fast forward to the spring semester and I am now an active sister of my sorority.

The Support

No matter what you are going through your sisters will forever be by your side supporting you in everything, before I even joined these ladies were hyping me up and helping me in anything I did. I knew when I was just a potential I had someone in my corner for the rest of my life. 

Professionalism

In my specific sorority we wear business attire when attending our chapter meetings and even some events, this helps you get ready for life outside of college. You begin to learn how to become a professional. When leaving campus because of COVID I was on the hunt for a new job and thanks to my sorority I knew how to ace my interview and what to wear. 

Sisterhood

Before talking to anyone in greek life I had one friend group, not that I didn’t love them but I only knew them on campus but now I have a hundred friends and they’re from all over the place! The connections I now have are some of the closest I have ever had. I met them less than a year ago and they are already some of my best friends for life.

Most Importantly – The Fun

I have so many memories with my sisters from only being just initiated and I have so much time to make so many more. Between sister events and just hanging out with my sisters it always endless laughs with all of them. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

I hope after reading this you have changed your perspective on sorority life. Even though this fall semester looks a little different than the past, don’t be afraid to go out to an event and maybe even find the sorority for you!

Hi my name is rebecca and I love music, concerts and all things organization