This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

Being an adult brings so many new things and feelings; excitement, happiness, and patience but it can also be difficult to keep up with adult life and we just wish we were younger again. A time where Playhouse Disney was still on, no responsibilities, life was simple and we could climb stairs without being out of breath LOL. This is where we take the time to thank our parents for everything they have done for us growing up, all the running around they did, and making us who we are today. We have other people to thank that we often forget to: our grandparents. 

I grew up with four sets of grandparents and by age 11 I was left with one set of grandparents left. I miss them all a lot but that doesn’t stop me from loving the ones I have a little extra. 

To My Grandparents,

You have been amongst my number one fan club since day one. Never missed my milestones even when you were at one point three hours away, and when you came home, it was the best thing that’s ever happened to me because you never missed any important or little thing since; volleyball games, soccer games, concerts, and ceremonies. 

You always know how to cherish handmade things, you still kept everything that I have made even as a twenty-one-year-old who still loves to color. Always picked me up when I was sick from school or daycare and took care of me. Thank you for looking at it as a time to spend time with me rather than an obligation. 

I cannot forget the yummy treats: the apple pies, the Italian cookies during Christmas time, and the pasta every Sunday. 

Thank you for the advice when I was dealing with drama, losses, academics, and life. You both know it first hand that life is tough, but you taught me that you must work hard for what you want in life and I look up to you every day because of it. 

Something we refuse to believe is that as we get older, so do they. So it is important to say thank you whenever you can and appreciate everything. Thank you for all the memories you have shared with me. Thank you for all the little things, the advice I never knew I needed, the Sunday dinners, the warm invites, Jersey Boys shows, buying me grapes, handholds, sweet treats, “Poppy hugs”,  and for always wanting to spend time with me. 

Thank you for standing by me as I go through this crazy life, sharing all my milestones with me, being the people I can look up to. You both are among the most important people in my life and I am so blessed to have you in my life. You both have accomplished so much in your lives, overcame difficulties, and stood strong doing it all and building the life we all stand on. You have inspired me more than you realize and I am so lucky to call you my grandparents. 

Thank you for everything. 

I love you more than anything! 

Senior CC for Her Campus @ Utica I love my cat & Utica Coffee that is all