This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

For 2019, I made a New Year’s resolution that involves losing weight.  In high school, I played sports such as softball, golf, track, soccer, and cross country skiing. Now that I am in college I have retired from sports and gained almost 20 pounds during my first half of college. I decided to do this because I have noticed myself looking fat and overweight.

Within this year, I have been doing a lot of things to lose weight: 

• Going to the Athletic Center and doing workouts with different machines in the fitness room 

• Eating more fruits and vegetables, healthy foods that will give me energy and not add weight 

• Eating sugary foods every other week except for milkshakes and doughnuts 

• Using the sources available on Apple Watch such as the activity rings, workout app, breathe app, and also keep track of my heart rate 

• Walking to the store down the road with my dad at least once a week 

• Finding workouts or tips for losing weight on Pinterest and Youtube 

• Made a sleep schedule to get the right amount of sleep needed so I’m not tired in class 

Some workouts I do that I would highly recommend for working out: 

• Push-ups 

• Sit-ups 

• Hip lifts 

• Crunches

• Bicycle crunches 

• Squats

• Calf raises 

• Leg lifts 

• Toe touches 

• Wall sit 

• Plank 

• Arm circles 

• Leg circles 

• Donkey kicks 

• Fire hydrants 

You can choose the amount you want to do for each. I find these very helpful to make myself stay thin. 

Last summer I lost 12 pounds by doing all of these things I have listed here. If I continue to do what I have been doing, I should be able to get myself to look thin and not fat or overweight. I want to keep my weight under 130 pounds the best I can from now on and I keep myself looking slim.

I'm a Utica University Alumni '21 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Studies. My hobbies are shopping, watching movies, and listening to music. My favorite color is purple. I like water landscapes and games. I was a member of the following clubs and organizations: 1. Ampersand 2. Active Minds (Public Relations Officer) 3. Art Club (Secretary) 4. Math Club (Webmaster) 5. The Tangerine 6. Women In A New Direction (W.I.N.D) 7. Cybersecurity Club 8. Accounting Society 9. Literature Society (President) 10. Young Americans for Liberty 11. Her Campus 12. Psychological Society (Secretary) 13. Psychology-Child Life Society (Secretary) 14. Billiards Club (Webmaster) 15. Nutrition Club 16. UCTV (Video Production Aide) 17. Student Government Association (Senior Class Treasurer) 18. UC Programming Board 19. American Cancer Society On-campus 20. Coordinated Community Response Team Student Advisory Board 21. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Collaborative 22. National Society of Leadership and Success 23. Student Conference 2021
Hi everyone!  My name is Katelyn DiViccaro and I am a freshman at Utica College. I am a cybersecurtity major and am always around computers.  But, I also have a love for anything makeup, advice, and romance.  Check out some of my articles and enjoy!