Style > Beauty

Morning Makeup Routines for When You’re in a Rush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

Waking up for 8 a.m. classes is hard enough. If you’re like me and have to go straight from a full day of school to work, it’s important to be able to look presentable in a short amount of time. Since personally for me, I don’t have any time gaps between school and my job in retail, I have to put on a full face of makeup before my first 8 a.m. class! Here are some of the easy-to-use products I use daily that are easy to apply and keep you looking fresh all day:

Urban Decay Naked Foundation 

I apply this foundation with a typical beauty blender, and it has great coverage that lasts all day. It can be purchased at Ulta or Sephora! It can be purchased for $40.00, and lasts about 3 months!

Too Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer

I apply this powder with an Urban Decay face brush. I love this product because I can use it to add a quick contour to my cheeks and nose without it taking up too much of my time in the morning. It can be purchased for $30.00 at an Ulta or Sephora near you!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade

I apply this product to the arches of my brows to darken them and blend out the fronts of my brows for a more finished look. The pomade not only lasts a full day of school and work, but also a night out. It can be purchased for about $20.00 at Ulta or Sephora!

Naked 3

I use this pallet to create a simple smokey eye with nude colors, and it is my absolute favorite. My go-to shades are “strange” as a highlight on my brow arch and inner corners of my lids, “burnout” on my lids, and “mugshot” as my contouring color. I line my lower lash line to add an extra smokey look with the “mugshot” shade as well. All of this is applied with the eyeshadow brushes from the “Kylie Cosmetics” collection. The brushes from her collection make blending super quick and easy. The Naked 3 palette can be purchased at Ulta or Sephora for $54.00, and the Kylie Cosmetic Brushes can be purchased on the Kylie Cosmetics website!

Urban Decay Eyeliner Stick 

I create more of a smokey look and make my eyes pop by using the brown side of the eyeliner stick (there is also a black side) to line my top lid and bottom tear line. It can be purchased for $20.00 at Ulta or Sephora!

Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara

I finish my look with mascara applied to my upper and lower lashes.  This mascara is really great in a hurry and has minimal clumping, even in a rush! It can be purchased for $24.00 at Ulta or Sephora!

Meet Bianca, I am currently a Junior at Utica College in Utica, NY.  I am a Criminal Justice major with a concentration in Homeland Security.  Crime investigation has always been something that interests me.  I’m dedicated and passionate and it’s hard for me to quit things. I get that from my father so don’t hold it against me- he was a veteran and police officer for 20 years.   Growing up in a family centered around law enforcement has helped guide me in this direction, and I will forever be grateful.  After graduation I intend to continue on to law school where I can further my education in hopes of becoming a criminal defense lawyer and later on a District Attorney.  An interesting fact about myself is that I found the passion to be a criminal defense lawyer from watching the O.J. Simpson case.  The facts and conspiracy theories evoked a whole new passion behind criminal investigation that I intend to use in my future.  One of my most prominent moments in my writing career was when I wrote for an online magazine and had my most prevalent article hit 1.6k shares.  I believe in treating people with the same kind of respect and manners you would expect in return, and in a way it has helped shaped my expectations in life.   When you first meet me I won’t be the loudest in the room or the center of attention, but I will be intently listening to everything you say, for what you have to say may have a purpose. I believe in purpose. I believe that everyone is here to help you grow into who you are today and who you will be tomorrow.