This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

Quarantine is something everyone is trying to avoid, but in some cases it is necessary. Whether it be self-directed or state-mandated, quarantine can feel like a total drag and feel unproductive. But if you look at it from a different angle there are so many things you can do with your time! 10-14 days might seem like a lot but here are some helpful tips to help quarantine not seem so dreadful.

Become a TikTok creator!

You probably already use TikTok way more than you should and could be doom-scrolling your days away. But take this app and use it to its full potential! Learning a new TikTok dance is a great way to get your body moving and showing off your new moves. You can show off a skill that is unique to you like journaling, baking, cooking, crafting, quarantine meals, anything! Take TikTok by the reins and show off your skills.

Get Moving!

Now that you have some time on your hands, you can use it to move your body more! If you can, maybe try a fun at home workout Youtube video. For something at a slower pace, try doing at home yoga. This is a great way for you to become more self-aware and acknowledge your body.

Online Friend Time!

Quarantine is a great time to do online activities with friends. Among us is a great fun option to connect with friends online via voice chat or in game chat! There are also options on the internet such as Backyardgames.co which has its audio and video set up where you can play games like cards against humanity and Pictionary or just have a Youtube watch party! This website is so much fun and has a lot of different game options that are great for bonding. Or you can make a Zoom meeting and watch a movie on a shared screen.

Take Time to do More of the Things you Love!

Because you aren’t able to hang out with friends during this time you should do more of the things that make you happy. Doing more of the things you love is showing love to yourself and that is important! Maybe facetime some friends and just catch up or have a movie night for yourself. This is the perfect time to do what makes you happy and take the time for more self-care.

Do It for You!

A lot of these activities are options for fun things to fill your quarantine. But there may be times where quarantine might be rough and you could feel drained physically due to illness or mentally. Quarantine can be stressful so if getting out of bed and brushing your teeth was all you can do that day, it is enough. Take this time to heal yourself.

My name is Maddy and I am a junior at Utica College studying Occupational Therapy