tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

Look After Your Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

More and more lately we hear stories of people who tragically have taken their lives. You never know what is going on inside their head. There are many organizations you can join if you struggle with anxiety, but that may make you feel worse. Sometimes you just need a friend or a therapist to talk to.

In my own experience I have witnessed friends of mine tragically try to take their own lives and struggle daily with anxiety and depression. It is real and it is scary and you need to be there for your friends. Be there reason to smile, go on dates, have spontaneous adventures, do not exclude people!

Mike Posner’s new album A Real Good Kid had really spoken on behalf of this issue lately. Mike has been very open since the release of this album that he has been struggling with his mental health. He lost his best friend Avicii to suicide who struggled with stress and poor mental health for years.  Mike took a break from music after his tragic loss of a friend as he had just lost his father to cancer the year before. His new album is very raw and emotional and talks about both his father and Avicii. He advises before the album begins that he hopes everyone is having a good day and to listen to the album fully all at once, without distractions. Just focus in on his music for 45 minutes and clear your head.

( I highly recommend this album )

Source: https://variety.com/2019/music/news/album-review-mike-posner-real-good-kid-1203112468/

We all need to take time to sit down and think and clear our heads. We all live crazy, chaotic, hectic lives. We need to take time to sit without scrolling through twitter or instagram, without watching netflix, without being on facetime, and just engage with ourselves and our thoughts. Sometimes, some time to decompress and really just hangout with yourself may be all you need.

Check up on your friends and make sure they are doing that! Taking mental time out every once in a awhile.

You never know what is going on on the other side of someone’s smile. Famous or not we are all the same on the inside and we all go through the same issues. Time and time again we see people end their beautiful lives. Check up on your friends, make sure they are okay, and tell them you love them. It might be everything they needed and more.

Call 1-800-273-8255 if you need. The national suicide hotline is available 24/7 365 days a year.

You are strong, and mean so much to so many people. I am so happy you are here reading this!

PR Girl Enjoying life ? Instagram @madisonjudge