This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

Everyday I think about my life and what I am going to do for the rest of it. I always wonder what I am going to think about years to come, did I choose the right major(s), will I be happy with my college experience? All of these things I fret over now, will not be significant to the decisions I have to make in the future, such as where I want to live and if I want to take the job far away from home.

This past weekend I went home to visit my family and to attend the Duke at Syracuse men’s basketball game. We picked up my younger sister Shelbie Saturday morning and she had said that she did not know what she wanted to do with her life. She’s only a junior in high school. I always think to myself about what it would be like to go back to high school during the time when I was worried about which college I would go to and what I would be doing there. After listening to Shelbie and her concerns I found myself telling her that she would be okay. I told her that as long as she picks a school that is liberal arts based, she would have specific core of classes that she would have to take no matter what. I told her that it is okay to not know what she is doing, and now that I think about it I should give myself the same advice. I want Shelbie to live her life and be happy with the choices she made. She has so much to look forward too: prom, National Honor Society induction, a few more band and chorus concerts, and another entire year to think about school related things. She has time to have fun. I always say that I miss high school. I hope that by the time Shelbie is in my place, she too looks back and thinks about all of the things that she misses and how it seemed so much simpler in high school.

As I write this, I have noticed that I too have time, and it is okay to not be sure about everything just yet. I am happy in the majors I have chosen thus far, and afterall it is only my second semester of college. There are so many things that I have to look forward too in these upcoming years. Even though I do not know exactly what those things are yet, it is okay, and I will be okay too.

Hi! I'm Amber, a freshman from Utica College majoring in Accounting (and hopefully marketing), I'll do my best to write about interesting things! My hobbies consist of shopping, watching Netflix, and hanging out with family and friends.
Meet Bianca, I am currently a Junior at Utica College in Utica, NY.  I am a Criminal Justice major with a concentration in Homeland Security.  Crime investigation has always been something that interests me.  I’m dedicated and passionate and it’s hard for me to quit things. I get that from my father so don’t hold it against me- he was a veteran and police officer for 20 years.   Growing up in a family centered around law enforcement has helped guide me in this direction, and I will forever be grateful.  After graduation I intend to continue on to law school where I can further my education in hopes of becoming a criminal defense lawyer and later on a District Attorney.  An interesting fact about myself is that I found the passion to be a criminal defense lawyer from watching the O.J. Simpson case.  The facts and conspiracy theories evoked a whole new passion behind criminal investigation that I intend to use in my future.  One of my most prominent moments in my writing career was when I wrote for an online magazine and had my most prevalent article hit 1.6k shares.  I believe in treating people with the same kind of respect and manners you would expect in return, and in a way it has helped shaped my expectations in life.   When you first meet me I won’t be the loudest in the room or the center of attention, but I will be intently listening to everything you say, for what you have to say may have a purpose. I believe in purpose. I believe that everyone is here to help you grow into who you are today and who you will be tomorrow.