sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Look Great for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

Spring break is just around the corner. Which means diets, tanning, exercise, and overall just feeling good in one’s skin. Here are a few tips and tricks to have you feeling your best this spring break.

1. Give up dairy

I recently gave dairy up last month and it has done wonders to my body.  My skin has drastically cleared up since my body is no longer contaminated with all the hormones that come with milk, cheese, and yogurt. I also have lost weight because of this change in my diet. If you are afraid of not getting enough calcium in your diet just switch to almond milk. I personally love the unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It tastes great with my cereal for breakfast.

2. Cardio

Start hitting the gym right now and get on that treadmill or elliptical. Cardio is a great way to shred that extra body fat before you rock your bathing suit. If you are not in shape start small, there is no need to whip out three miles at your first gym session. You can begin by walking on the treadmill on an incline. Make a fun playlist, put your headphones in and get walking or running.

3. Amp up your wardrobe

Start shopping now. You do not want to be disappointed if you waited too long and now your clothes will not come in on time, or all the good clothes are picked over. I recently ordered bathing suits and rompers from a website called Shein. The clothes tend to be cheap and can sometimes be a hit or miss, but hey if something does not work out they have free returns. I also bought a pair of platform sandals. I definitely recommend getting a pair of black ones as they can make any outfit look instantly cuter.

4. Go tanning

Start getting that base tan going as you do not want to be the palest person on the beach. If you are into UV tanning go for it! Remember to start with a small amount of time though so you do not turn red. I usually opt for the at home tanning methods. Personally, I use Jergens Instant Sun Tanning Mouse and it gives me a nice color without making me look orange.

5. Pedicure

I know those feet have been hidden in your boots for the past couple of months. So, it is important to get those feet looking in tip top shape so you look cute while barefoot on the beach. Treat yourself to a pedicure before you go. Or, if you are on a budget be sure to exfoliate your feet and paint your nails.

These are just a few of my own tips and tricks that I find to be useful when prepping for spring break, or even just throughout the year. It is never a bad thing to want to look and feel your best, no matter the time of year. I hope you find these tips helpful, and are on your way to being the most confident version of youself this spring break!

Occupational Therapy Major
Meet Bianca, I am currently a Junior at Utica College in Utica, NY.  I am a Criminal Justice major with a concentration in Homeland Security.  Crime investigation has always been something that interests me.  I’m dedicated and passionate and it’s hard for me to quit things. I get that from my father so don’t hold it against me- he was a veteran and police officer for 20 years.   Growing up in a family centered around law enforcement has helped guide me in this direction, and I will forever be grateful.  After graduation I intend to continue on to law school where I can further my education in hopes of becoming a criminal defense lawyer and later on a District Attorney.  An interesting fact about myself is that I found the passion to be a criminal defense lawyer from watching the O.J. Simpson case.  The facts and conspiracy theories evoked a whole new passion behind criminal investigation that I intend to use in my future.  One of my most prominent moments in my writing career was when I wrote for an online magazine and had my most prevalent article hit 1.6k shares.  I believe in treating people with the same kind of respect and manners you would expect in return, and in a way it has helped shaped my expectations in life.   When you first meet me I won’t be the loudest in the room or the center of attention, but I will be intently listening to everything you say, for what you have to say may have a purpose. I believe in purpose. I believe that everyone is here to help you grow into who you are today and who you will be tomorrow.