This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

The first word that comes to my mind when discussing the play Hamilton is, AWESOME. I have seen a few plays before, but this totally takes the cake. History isn’t the most interesting topic sometimes, however this play does nothing except keep your attention and make you want to learn more. I got very invested in the play when I was able to watch it on Disney Plus. Disney paid $75 million for the rights to the play which is crazy! Each time I watched it I caught on to new things I hadn’t noticed the previous times I watched it. I also learned that there are lots of places that are still standing that you can go and visit, here are some of the destinations closest to New York for an epic Hamilton road trip I would love to take myself!

Weehawken Dueling grounds- Weehawken, New Jersey

The infamous dueling grounds where many famous duels occurred, including the duel that leads to the tragic death of our founding father Alexander Hamilton on July 11, 1804, during his duel with Aaron Burr. Hamilton pointed his pistol at the sky to call trues but Burr shot anyways later killing Hamilton. Hamilton’s son Philip was also killed in a duel on the same grounds.

Trinity Church- New York City, New York

This church is where Alexander Hamilton, Angelica Schuyler, Eliza Schuyler, Phillip Hamilton, and Hercules Mulligan are buried. The public is allowed to go pay their respects. 

Schuyler Mansion- Albany, New York 

Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy, the Schuyler sisters grew up in this lovely home in Albany, New York. Alexander and Eliza were married in the parlor of the home. This is also the home she was begging Alexander to come to for the summer and take a break. The lake was Saratoga Lake, and there is a nearby small town called Schuylerville, named after the family. While you are in the Saratoga area, the battle of Saratoga is where the Americans ruined the British chance of winning the far, although Hamilton was not present. You can stand right in the field of the battlegrounds. 

Hamilton Grange- New York City, New York

This is Alexander’s family home which was built in 1802, just two years before his death. If you walk a little more north you will stumble across the Morris-Jumel Mansion which is Manhattan’s oldest home, and was once occupied by Aaron Burr and his ex-wife. This mansion is now used as a museum and an art retreat where Lin- Manuel Mirinda actually wrote most of the musical! 

These spots are totally on my road trip list just like the rest of us Hamilton junkies out there! I am not throwing away my shot to get out to these places, and neither should you!

PR Girl Enjoying life ? Instagram @madisonjudge