This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

This is it! Halloween is right around the corner. It’s time to throw in some spooky plans for the most chilling and memorable night of the year. Being in college means that you have all the freedom in the world to be creative of how you want to celebrate Halloween (but safety first!). So here are fun and easy-to-do Halloween ideas for college students:

Horror movies marathon

Always a classic! To name just some of the movies: Hocus Pocus, The Addams Family, The Nightmare before Christmas, The Exorcist, The Nun, The Conjuring, IT (just typing them gives me chills). Grab some popcorn, pull in some sofas, take some friends with you (unless you’re feeling brave), and sit down and enjoy your scary movie night.

Local pumpkin patch trip

Sometimes it’s actually more expensive to get the pumpkins from the pumpkin patch. But you’ll be able to choose your own pumpkin to decorate it into a lack-o-lantern however you like, and have fun doing that with friends – all in the name of the festive day!

Haunted house

Unless you’re terrified of ghost and scary creatures like me or have any medical issues that prevent you, definitely try out those haunted houses. They may be scary and makes you want to have a heart attack, but it’ll become something memorable in the future for you to look back and say, “I had a good time in college.” For students in Utica College, try Cayo!

Dress up in your Halloween costumes…and hit the classroom

Because why not? Halloween this year is a Wednesday and sadly, it’s a school day. So you might as well incorporate the 2 things together to make the most out of your not-so-regular day. It’ll make you feel the vibe of the holiday while still getting to class on time!

Trick or treat in your residence halls

It’s more fun to do it with friends, and especially with costumes. Try knocking on your friends’ doors and ask them for a treat, or you can walk around your residence halls and do the same with everyone whom you feel like teasing a little bit for Halloween.

Hold a scary story-telling competition

Have some friends over and sit in a circle; turn off the light, only leave a dim and spooky light on to get you into the mood.

Do something spooky at midnight. IF YOU DARE!

If you’re really up for it big time, there’re many urban legends you can try out during midnight to test if the myth is true. For example, try Bloody Mary myth in front of the bathroom’s mirror. All you gotta do is Google some of them and test them out.

Above are some fun ways for you to celebrate your Halloween day but if you prefer to stay indoor and do nothing but Netflix and chill? That’s also cool too! Have a spooktacular Halloween, everyone!

I’m a sophomore at Utica College. My major is Health Studies-PT Track, minor in Gerontology. I enjoy cool breeze, beaches, and good books. I have a long list of things I like and a longer list of things I don't like.
Meet Bianca, I am currently a Junior at Utica College in Utica, NY.  I am a Criminal Justice major with a concentration in Homeland Security.  Crime investigation has always been something that interests me.  I’m dedicated and passionate and it’s hard for me to quit things. I get that from my father so don’t hold it against me- he was a veteran and police officer for 20 years.   Growing up in a family centered around law enforcement has helped guide me in this direction, and I will forever be grateful.  After graduation I intend to continue on to law school where I can further my education in hopes of becoming a criminal defense lawyer and later on a District Attorney.  An interesting fact about myself is that I found the passion to be a criminal defense lawyer from watching the O.J. Simpson case.  The facts and conspiracy theories evoked a whole new passion behind criminal investigation that I intend to use in my future.  One of my most prominent moments in my writing career was when I wrote for an online magazine and had my most prevalent article hit 1.6k shares.  I believe in treating people with the same kind of respect and manners you would expect in return, and in a way it has helped shaped my expectations in life.   When you first meet me I won’t be the loudest in the room or the center of attention, but I will be intently listening to everything you say, for what you have to say may have a purpose. I believe in purpose. I believe that everyone is here to help you grow into who you are today and who you will be tomorrow.