This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

I get it! It’s the third week of the semester and sis, you are totally drained. Having 8:30 am classes every day, tests coming up, and all of a sudden deadlines are jumping out at you. You need a break and I don’t mean a study break. ;)

• Get up earlier!

I know what you’re thinking, how is THIS supposed to help me? I’m already tired enough, there is no way that I am ignoring that snooze button. 

I have an 8:30 class every day and a 45-minute commute, but I wake up at 6:00 every day! (or at least try to!) This gives me plenty of time to get ready, wake myself up and plan out the rest of my day. Waking up earlier than needed makes me feel like I don’t have to rush to get out the door and makes me feel more prepared for my day!

• Drink A LOT of water

I am not a fan of coffee, I am not gonna lie, and it makes me very sad. I have never really had energy in the morning, which hurts the early bird I am. Honestly, though, when I drink water in the morning it makes me feel so awake! Drinking more water was a New Year’s resolution of mine and it is what is helping me get through even my busiest days! 

It also will help your skin and will relieve headaches! HYDRATE GIRL!

• Do something to relax you

This was something I was neglecting for the first couple of weeks of the semester. I wasn’t really doing anything that WASN’T related to school. Sis, you will get so tired of your work if that is all you do! Go to the gym, read a book, pick up a hobby, or just take a really long shower. Your mind needs a break just as much as your body does!

• YOUR PLANNER

One thing I LOVE to do is decorate my planner! It is loaded with cute stickers, sticky notes, highlighting, different colored markers, and a lot more! Make your planner your own, it gets you excited to cross things off your list and will brighten up your day. 

You can do this with your school notebooks, book covers, and really anything else! If you love the products you have and make them your own, you will be so much more prepared to take on your tasks!

• Have a good support system!

I would say that this is the most important part of taking care of yourself after a long day or week. Good friends will make you forget your stresses, along with a good partner and family. Make sure you include your tribe within your schedule! Make time to sit and have a good cup of tea with an old friend, schedule a pizza and movie night with your SO, or go home and chat with your parents for a little bit! You will thank yourself later!

As the semester progresses, your schedule will get busier and busier. Remember to take time for yourself and breathe. Everything will still be there when you’re done. I am so proud of the hardworking woman you are! 

xoxo!

Hi! :) I'm Carin! I am a psych major, I love lemonade, and my dog is my bff. I am passionate about writing, being kind, and manifesting love! Happy reading! xoxo
Hi everyone!  My name is Katelyn DiViccaro and I am a freshman at Utica College. I am a cybersecurtity major and am always around computers.  But, I also have a love for anything makeup, advice, and romance.  Check out some of my articles and enjoy!