This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

If you know me, one of my favorite things to do is read. I’ve read a lot of books in my time! Here are some of my faves to fill in your extra time during COVID!

Harry Potter

If you have nothing going on, I completely recommend reading all of Harry Potter. I re-read Harry Potter during Winter Break and it was such a comfort read. The way J.K. Rowling writes allows you to fully immerse yourself within her world.

Breathless by Jennifer Niven

Jennifer Niven’s young adult books are on the rise, you might know her from the book All The Bright Places. The now-famous book turned into a movie, however, her newest book should be receiving all the rave too! It’s about a cute story about summer love. The characters are sweet and learning all about life while going through things of their own. I highly recommend it.

Obviously Anything by John Green

John Green produces magical pieces of art. My top 3 faves are The Fault In Our Stars, Turtles All The Way Down, and An Abundance of Katherines. His reputation speaks for himself!

Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer

The love of my life, Edward Cullen, is back. If you love Twilight you need to check out Midnight Sun, a revised version of Twilight from Edward’s perspective. It takes a moment to get into but it’s amazing. While you’re at it, check out the rest of the Twilight books too!

A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara

This one is a personal favorite of mine, however, before you read please look at the warnings. This book is very graphic. This follows the life of a gay man who has been abused and lived a VERY hard life. You will cry and it will live with you forever, but it opens your eyes to the lives and struggles of other people. 

Overall I highly recommend all of these books and I hope that this will help with your next little fit of boredom!

HCXO,

Carin

Hi! :) I'm Carin! I am a psych major, I love lemonade, and my dog is my bff. I am passionate about writing, being kind, and manifesting love! Happy reading! xoxo