This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

Ever since I was a child I have always loved stickers. I remember after my dance classes in elementary school, my teacher would give us a sticker after every lesson. My favorite stickers were the fuzzy ones. To this day, I still love having stickers. I enjoy all kinds of stickers, from the ones I have ordered on Redbubble for my laptop to the really elaborate ones for scrapbooking.

My latest hobby has been journaling. I have always found that getting a new notebook is exciting. However, I was never one to keep a daily log. A friend had gotten me a cute journal, colored pens, washi tape and a Happy Planner sticker book. I consider this the ultimate journaling starter pack.

Before I even began writing anything down, I had already looked through the sticker book and found all of my favorites. I put them on random blank pages throughout the journal. This is just how I use them, because I get really eager and excited.

Whenever I am having a bad day and need to vent, I usually write about how I feel. I do not always write it out in the typical way of a diary entry. Instead I usually dedicate a page to things that make me mad, or however I feel. I tend to like this method better than writing everything out.

Whenever I turn to a page that has a cute sticker on it, I feel myself start to smile. The Happy Planner sticker books are usually pretty pricey at Michael’s, but they ALWAYS have coupons!

I think of myself as being really creative, and so I am always on the hunt to find something that enables me to express myself. Journaling and stickers are just a couple of ways I am able to do that. I hope after reading this, you find something that allows you to show your creative side.

Obsessive cat lover and crafter!I am a Sophmore at Utica college with a major in Psychology Child-Life Major. I hope to work with children in the hospital someday.
Meet Bianca, I am currently a Junior at Utica College in Utica, NY.  I am a Criminal Justice major with a concentration in Homeland Security.  Crime investigation has always been something that interests me.  I’m dedicated and passionate and it’s hard for me to quit things. I get that from my father so don’t hold it against me- he was a veteran and police officer for 20 years.   Growing up in a family centered around law enforcement has helped guide me in this direction, and I will forever be grateful.  After graduation I intend to continue on to law school where I can further my education in hopes of becoming a criminal defense lawyer and later on a District Attorney.  An interesting fact about myself is that I found the passion to be a criminal defense lawyer from watching the O.J. Simpson case.  The facts and conspiracy theories evoked a whole new passion behind criminal investigation that I intend to use in my future.  One of my most prominent moments in my writing career was when I wrote for an online magazine and had my most prevalent article hit 1.6k shares.  I believe in treating people with the same kind of respect and manners you would expect in return, and in a way it has helped shaped my expectations in life.   When you first meet me I won’t be the loudest in the room or the center of attention, but I will be intently listening to everything you say, for what you have to say may have a purpose. I believe in purpose. I believe that everyone is here to help you grow into who you are today and who you will be tomorrow.