5 Places to Find Cute Summer Clothes on A Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.

Finding the perfect summer clothes can always be a struggle! Especially as college students, we are working with a budget. Finding cute summer clothes that you actually will wear for fairly cheap prices is sometimes tricky but if you look closer into stores you have passed one hundred times at the mall, you’ll find just what you’re looking for!

1. Charlotte Russe

This one is a very common option especially for college students. Charlotte Russe has a wide variety of clothes in every category. Whether you are looking for a cute sundress or a comfortable pair of shorts, they almost always have what you are looking for. To make this store an even better option, Charlotte Russe is constantly having sales on almost everything! If you are looking for a cute new pair of shoes to match your new sundress, check out “Shoesday Tuesday” for great deals!

2. American Eagle

So, American Eagle may not always be the cheapest option however, if you know what you are looking for and narrow your search, you’ll have a great chance at finding what you are looking for. Especially during season changes, American Eagle holds clearance events where clothes are usually over 50% off! Even when these events aren’t going on, they seem to have daily promotions and their jeans and shorts are almost always BOGO 50% off. You can even join AEO Rewards that will add up for future gifts!

3. Hollister

This store might give you some flashbacks from middle school but they have surprisingly cute clothes! Like other stores, they hold frequent clearance events to get rid of clothes in between seasons and these sales can lead to lots of good deals. If you are looking for cute dresses or rompers, they have basically any style you are looking for. Hollister often has their jeans on sale for $25 and when they don’t, their jeans are usually BOGO 50% off. To top it off, if you join their rewards, you earn points with every purchase that can lead to you earning free or discounted stuff in the future!

4. Wet Seal

Even without discounts and sales, Wet Seal has amazing styles for amazing prices. If you are going for basic, comfortable look, this is the store for you. Many of the clothes here are designed to be worn in any way you wish; whether you are going out or just hanging out at home. When Wet Seal is holding clearance or other sale events, it is super hard to not fill up your cart. When dresses are on sale for $9, it’s hard for everyone to resist the spending urge!

5. Garage

This store even surprised me when I first walked in! With a name like Garage, you never know exactly what to expect. This store will exceed your expectations no matter what they are! My personal favorite is the leggings, they’re so soft and so comfortable! Like many other stores, Garage has a rewards program that gives you an incentive to spend lots of money! You will be obsessed with what you find in here!

All of these stores make it almost impossible to hang onto your money! Before you know it, you’ll be out of money and room in your closet. You will definitely need to buy more hangers and maybe even clear out some clothes you will never wear again!

Meet Bianca, I am currently a Junior at Utica College in Utica, NY.  I am a Criminal Justice major with a concentration in Homeland Security.  Crime investigation has always been something that interests me.  I’m dedicated and passionate and it’s hard for me to quit things. I get that from my father so don’t hold it against me- he was a veteran and police officer for 20 years.   Growing up in a family centered around law enforcement has helped guide me in this direction, and I will forever be grateful.  After graduation I intend to continue on to law school where I can further my education in hopes of becoming a criminal defense lawyer and later on a District Attorney.  An interesting fact about myself is that I found the passion to be a criminal defense lawyer from watching the O.J. Simpson case.  The facts and conspiracy theories evoked a whole new passion behind criminal investigation that I intend to use in my future.  One of my most prominent moments in my writing career was when I wrote for an online magazine and had my most prevalent article hit 1.6k shares.  I believe in treating people with the same kind of respect and manners you would expect in return, and in a way it has helped shaped my expectations in life.   When you first meet me I won’t be the loudest in the room or the center of attention, but I will be intently listening to everything you say, for what you have to say may have a purpose. I believe in purpose. I believe that everyone is here to help you grow into who you are today and who you will be tomorrow.