Fun College Girls With Flannels
Fun College Girls With Flannels
Cassie Howard / Her Campus
Life > High School

10 Things Only People Who Went to a Small School in the Country Will Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utica chapter.
Your classmates know everything about you.

They definitely knew your middle name, your parents, your grandparents, your siblings, your birthday, & they probably know your SS number too. More times than none, their parents or grandparents know yours and went to school together. Chances are you are probably related to them. 

SO DON’T DATE ANYONE until you find out your family tree.

You have friends within every grade level.

Either they are your friends’ siblings, your siblings’ friends, or playing sports with you. Everyone is just cool with each other.

Drive your tractor to the school day.

The six words that everyone loves to hear. Please don’t forget during the winter, you could drive your snowmobile.

You or someone you knew was involved in FFA.

If you don’t know what that stands for, SMH.

Gossip spreads faster than germs.

IYKYK

You were excited to see your classmates’ farm animals at the County Fair every summer.

Goats, Cows, Horses, Pigs, Rabbits, and/or Chickens, you name it and you love it. 

Your teachers doubled as one or even two sports coaches.

You are probably thinking of the football coach. They were also probably the ones who were chill af but also one of the most personal support systems within the school.

The town newspaper never missed a beat.

Sports, prom, National Honor Society, awards, graduation….should I keep going? 

Bonfire’s and friends were all you needed for your Saturday night.

*Insert “Chicken Fried” by Zac Brown Band Here*

You wouldn’t trade that small-town high school experience for anything in the world.

You know that you are loved by not only your friends but your teachers and the community and that you will always find your way back home. 

Alexa, play “Take Me Home, Country Roads” by John Denver

Senior CC for Her Campus @ Utica I love my cat & Utica Coffee that is all