Style > Beauty

You’ve Been Sleeping on Trader Joe’s Beauty Section

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Like most people I know, I love Trader Joe’s. Aside from the usual faves, (cookie butter, JoJo’s, cheap wine, my girlfriend’s favorite dried mangos) I’ve come to love them for their incredible cheese section and absolutely phenomenal frozen vegetarian and vegan options. Hey, just because I have a food blog doesn’t mean I don’t eat the occasional frozen meal. My latest obsession, however, is the ever-expanding beauty section.

If you aren’t already shopping at Trader Joe’s for all your skincare products, then let me tell you: you’re missing out. Not only are some of them cult-favorites, but like a lot of Trader Joe’s, they’re also super affordable. With a fair selection of cleansers, toners, moisturizers, and other products, there’s something for everyone available at an affordable price. If you want to know all the best products, scroll ahead.

Blueberry Acai Face Scrub

I bought this scrub, along with a couple of other products, as a birthday present to myself a few months ago with absolutely no knowledge of its fame. Apparently, way back in 2018, it went viral, but I’m going to pretend I discovered it all by myself. This scrub is gentle (unlike the St. Ives apricot scrub we all used in middle school) and quite literally smells like an acai bowl. After using it my skin feels smooth and refreshed. 

Enrich Moisturizer

Once, I could’ve sworn that there were more moisturizers with SPF in them, but lately I’ve had a hard time finding any. Enter: Enrich Moisturizer. This stuff is super cheap, moisturizing, unscented, and not at all greasy. Best of all? It’s $4. I use this moisturizer in the morning and it keeps my skin feeling nice all day. A little goes a very long way with this product, and thus far it’s been three months and I’m not even halfway through. As far as I can tell, it’s a great daily use product at an even better price. 

Antioxidant Facial Serum

This serum was one of the first things I heard about when I found out about these products, and I think it’s definitely worth looking at. My skin gets really dry due to the climate (thanks, Utah) and this keeps it moisturized and healthy. I like to use serums at night when I want to lock in a little more moisture, but this is a solid choice for whenever your routine needs a boost. According to this Buzzfeed review, it doesn’t do well with oily complexions, so keep that in mind before you buy. 

Rosewater toner

No list of Trader Joe’s beauty products would be complete without the rosewater toner that made the internet lose its collective mind, mainly due to the incredible price of $4. Like the other products, this one packs quite the punch for such a cheap thing and is perfect for red or irritated skin.

Next time you’re at Trader Joe’s and want a little chance to treat yourself, try picking up one of these products—I promise it’s worth it. Even without a high price tag, these products are high quality and more than worth the small investment.

Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4

Emily is studying English and Strategic Communications at the University of Utah, where she's also an editor for Her Campus. She cares a lot about feminism, period dramas, sunsets, cooking, and The X Files. When she's not writing for Her Campus, you can find her work at her food blog pancakesandporridge.com
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor