This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Whether you are jetting off to far away lands, or staying put this summer, there are plenty of adventures to be had no matter where you are. If you happen to be staying in, or visiting the great state of Utah, here are some must-see’s and must-do’s to keep this summer interesting.

Hiking – Utah has so many great trails for all levels of hiking. From easy to difficult, there is a hike out there for everyone. If you want something light with great scenery and a waterfall at the end, Adam’s Canyon just off of Highway 89 in Layton is as beautiful as it is breezy. For more a challenge, Angel’s Landing in Zion National Park is dangerous, as well as rewarding.

Twilight concerts – The Twilight Concert Series takes place every weekend from July 21st to September 1st in Pioneer Park. For only $5, you can seen amazing artist such as Diplo, Fitz & The Tantrums, and so many more.

The Arts Fest –  The Utah Arts festival takes place the weekend of June 23-26 at Library and Washington Square. With amazing booths, great live music, and insanely good food, the Arts Fest is the perfect place to experience art and culture. Plus, this is a super great place for a date with your summer fling.

Visit a National Park – Utah is home to 5 national parks including Arches, Zion, and Bryce Canyon. Why not spend some quality time in nature, and maybe find your inner peace? If you are feeling really adventurous, the national parks have great camping grounds. A night out under the stars may be just what the doctor ordered.

Cliff jumping – We may not have oceans, but we do have some pretty great lakes. If you are seeking a thrill, there are great locations for cliff jumping in both Northern and Southern Utah. Up North there are jumping spots at Causey Reservoir, or Flaming Gorge. If you find yourself down South, Lake Powell and Sand Hollow offer amazing jumping spots to quench your thirst for adrenaline.

Alpine Slides – The snow in Park City may have melted, but that doesn’t mean all of the fun is gone with the run-off. For around $18, you can take the ride of your life down one of the longest slides in the world. 

Your summer can be full of adventure no matter where you are. Staying home doesn’t have to mean staying bored.  

Editor-in-Chief for the Utah chapter of Her Campus. I'm a political science major at the University of Utah, in my time I love to cook healthy and delicious meals, organize detailed parties, and pet every dog I see.
Julianne serves in the role of Community Development Associate, directly working with chapters and expansion. She graduated from the University of Utah in 2018 with a triple major in Political Science, Film & Media Art, and Communications with minors in Health and Theater. Julianne served as a Campus Correspondent for Utah for 3 years, as a Chapter Advisor for 2 years, a Campus Expansion Assistant for 2 years, and as a High School Ambassador Advisor. New to Boston, Julianne can't wait to eat as much seafood as was deprived of her after living in the mountains for most of her life. In her spare time, she loves to ski, watch an unreasonable amount of movies, and write!