jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

Your Luring Tactic As A Siren Based On Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Siren’s have a big reputation as killers of the sea, singing their enchanting songs and hypnotizing sailors to their rocks where they drown and eat them. Not all sirens have the same tactic though, it depends on who you are and what works. 

Gemini

Ah yes our favorite two-faced twins. A Gemini siren’s specialty is pulling out their multiple personalities in order to trick poor sailor men into coming close. You start off with a sweet personality, complimenting the sailors and their impressive muscles. You tell them that you want to ask them more about their workouts, but that you need to ask them over there, by those scraggly rocks. When the sailors get close enough, your other, less pleasant personality comes out, and the rest is history. I’m a Gemini by the way, so I am allowed to talk smack.

Taurus 

As a Taurus, your tactic is a bit more complicated. You pull out the dumb blonde technique. Men love to help “stupid” girls by showing how much smarter they are than them, and mansplaining their hearts away. Your tactic is to act really dumb, and ask questions that appeal to their hyper-masculinity. “So like, is football the one where you kick the ball through the basket?” This will evoke a man’s need to explain, giving you enough time to come close and ambush the poor, unsuspecting man.

Aries

As an Aries, your tactic is a little less subtle. Your competitive side comes out when you are hunting and sailor’s know that you want to kill them. You start off by hiding beneath the sea, and ambushing the boat when they least expect it. And if you are seen (which is rare), you engage in a fight where you will most likely win.

Cancer

Cancer’s, your tactic is to play on your own self-esteem. You adhere to men’s need to compliment by singing about how ugly you think you are, and how you wish you were good enough. You are beautiful and good enough, but the men don’t know that. Men want to come save the day, so they come to comfort you and tell you how beautiful you are, giving you the opportunity to kill.

Aquarius 

As an Aquarius, your style is comfort. You sing of the sea and home and love. You make men feel comfortable and happy. This puts men into a lull, giving them a sense of security. While the men are listening, you are able to swim up to the boat and pick your kill.

Libra

Libra’s appeal to men’s need to help, similarly to other signs. However, their tactic is a little different. Libra siren’s appear to the men and beg for their help. You pretend you are a shipwrecked girl who is injured and needs help. It is cruel, but it is effective.

Scorpio

Scorpios, have you seen Pirates of the Caribbean At Stranger Tides? If you have, your style is similar to theirs. You appear to the boats in groups, surrounding the boat so there is no escape. You do not kill immediately, you talk to them for a little while and flirt so that they feel safe, then when the men get too comfortable, you attack.

Sagittarius

Sagittarius’s are a bit more traditional. They rely exclusively on their voices to lure men in. With their superior pipes, men are put into a hypnotized state that has been tried and true for centuries. It is traditional, but it works.

Leo

Leo’s you rely on your beauty. You put a lot of care into your appearance and it pays off. No man can resist your beautiful long hair and dewy skin. Even if men know the reputation of sirens, they can’t resist when they see you. They will have to come close and try to win you over. This will be their last mistake.

Pisces

Pisces’ enlist the help of the sea to catch their prey. They get the fish and the waves to help push the ship around until eventually it is knocked over, and the sailors are peppered around the sea as open targets.

Virgo

Virgo’s work best alone. You have the patience to wait around for the perfect ship to ambush and when you find that opportunity, you use traps you have set a while ago to make sure you catch your prey.

Capricorn

Last but not least is the legendary Capricorns. Capricorns like to play on innocence to catch their prey. They appear as innocent women, often children that show no harm to passing sailors. Men do not see you as a threat so they are not afraid to come near, however when they do, you smile, revealing a sharp set of teeth and you pounce.

Sirens have a lot of different tactics, and most of them work. I hope this article helps you refine your tactics. Happy hunting!

Pic sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

HI there! My name is Ailee and I am a political science and sociology double major at the University of U! I want to get into law school and I love to write!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor