jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Your Breakup As Told by Miley Cyrus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

You get the “we need to talk” text, and before you know it…you and your ex are “two more lonely people” (in the world tonight.) 

In an effort to get over them, you turn to your good friend tequila…because after all, you “can’t be tamed.”

Next thing you know, you’re trying to seduce the hottest guy in the bar. Too bad you’ve been in a relationship so long that you’ve forgotten how to be subtle. But don’t worry: “love, money, party” is the name of the game. 

When suddenly, mid-twerk, you get a call from your ex who says “he made a mistake,” and before you know it, you’re crying in the club (and you can’t stop, and you won’t stop). 

In an effort to make yourself feel better, you decide going home with the hot bartender is your best option. Remember, “girls just wanna have fun.”

But when you’re hooking up with him, he skips foreplay, and comes in…”like a wrecking ball.”

And though he seemed like a nice guy, the second he finishes, he asks you to leave. Guess they were right…”every rose DOES have its thorns.” 

After you make your walk of shame, you decide that straight men are the worst, and “you’ll get it done on your own.”

And after a few months of stepping up your hoe-game, and turning into “someone else,” you have worked up enough mental strength to dodge every one of your ex’s “I miss you” texts, and “let’s get back together” DMs, because love don’t live here anymore. 

Then, when you least expect it, you’re falling in love again, and feeling so much “younger now” 

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor
Editor-in-Chief for the Utah chapter of Her Campus. I'm a political science major at the University of Utah, in my time I love to cook healthy and delicious meals, organize detailed parties, and pet every dog I see.