This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Kylie Jenner must be feeling the heat, because many people are still upset that her lip kits have sold out in seconds after they come in stock. As one of the few people who managed to snag one during her first sale, I urge you to not give up. These colors are worth it. 

Since many people still haven’t gotten their hands on Kylie’s Lip Kits, everyone seems to be stalking strangers on Instagram to see how it looks. Kylie’s kits currently come in three colors, True Brown K (brown), Candy K (light pink nude), and Dolce K (brown nude). She will be restocking current colors and launching Posie K, a rosy pink color. People who have them and people who don’t are all screaming one thing to her: we are so ready. They retail at $28 for a kit with a matching lip liner with shipping ringing in at $7, expect to spend at least $36 on a kit. 

Let’s get down to specifics. The packaging is grungy and edgy at the same time. We wouldn’t expect anything less from Kylie. It features the various lip colors dripping off of light pink lips. Once you open it, the lip liner and liquid lipstick drop right out. The liquid lipstick tube feels less sleek than Kat Von D’s liquid lipstick, and more similar to Anastasia Beverly Hill’s line. It’s a good-sized tube and you definitely get a lot of product packed in. The lip liner is traditional, full sized, black and simple, with Kylie’s cursive logo pressed on. You will feel actual excitement just staring at the colors (below: Dolce K, Candy K). 

The color is simply fantastic. Start by applying the lip liner, which almost feels like a crayon. It stays on surprisingly well, and you can use a concealer around the edges to touch them up if you get carried away with the liner. The liquid lipstick goes on pretty thick, but it dries quickly. You’ll immediately notice the sickly sweet scent–it smells like Lip Smackers’ chapsticks and glosses from the 90’s. Once it dries, it stays. It’ll definitely fade if you eat a huge meal, but it fades in a flattering way. The quality is comparable to other high-end liquid lipstick brands. Kylie’s kits will literally last through a vodka shot, a selling point for me. Seriously, if you plan on hitting a party at night, these kits are perfect. They dry matte and the universal shades will complement any style you choose. I had an intoxicated British guy introduce me to his friends as ‘Kylie Jenner’ and the joke is on him. I was totally wearing her liquid lipstick (below: Dolce K). 

Dolce K is a nude, but it appears different depending on the tone of your skin. You will notice that the formula really dries into your lips, so it does appear thick even if you apply a thin layer. The lip liner is extremely helpful, especially if you’re going for an overlined look. A few hours later and it will naturally fade. Kylie herself suggested to apply a light coat of chapstick to refresh the color a few hours after applying it. Here’s a close-up of all three shades on the Lip Kit instagram (below: Candy K, Dolce K, True Brown K). 

Whether you’re lusting after Dolce K, Candy K, or True Brown K, Kylie has announced that there will be a restock before Valentine’s Day. Which means we may have a chance at wearing Posie K on V-Day itself. Follow @kylielipkit on Instagram for updates, or just give Queen @kyliejenner herself a follow. You’ll be feeling like a Kardashian with this lip kit on your lips. But trust me ladies, set an alarm for her restock. These lippies go like wildfire. 

Pop-culture nerd, feminist, gamer, student. I drink too much tea and always have my head in a book. I write the nerdy stuff for HerCampus Utah.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor