Style

Xmas Shopping? These Are the Brands You’ll Want on Your Holiday Gift List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

By Michal Mitchell

Ah, it’s that time again. Where the snow falls gently down, holiday lights are drawn up, and the occasional shopper gets stampeded on a snowy Black Friday morning. You’ve completed your holiday shopping, right? No? Well luckily, it’s not too late. Everyone is still scrambling to get the best deals, and some of them you can find the week before Christmas!

But perhaps you have no idea of where to begin your shopping. I mean, what does your family like? Or your college roommate?

Or… what if you are cultivating your own wish list? Ya know, for your hopeless boyfriend, or your best friend who’s horrible at shopping. Well, you’re in luck my friends. I have gathered for you some of my favorite brands perfect for shopping this holiday season. Some new and fashionable, some classic and luxurious, and some hidden gems.

Here are the brands you’ll want to add to your holiday wish list.

Chaser

Chaser has some of the cutest styles around. They are a must if you are on the look out for some new ‘go-to’ lounge clothes and graphic tees aimed towards rock and roll. Their masks are perfect for this current pandemic as well with fashionably cute designs to choose from.

The clothes are designed in Los Angeles and– along with their rock and roll styled tees– their style is a vintage modern type.

I love the material of the lounge clothes as they are very soft, and the color and patterns feel vintage and look hand dyed. They basically have the coziest knit fabric that’s perfect for lounging about the house during a pandemic.

Speaking of which, their face masks. Fricken’ adorable. I got one with a rainbow lip print and it’s my new favorite.

And I know it’s winter, but I do have to mention their swimsuits as well. Stylish one pieces and bikini’s which some of them even come with matching pants to throw on when you’re done swimming and want to go out and grab a quick bite at the beach bar. So, if you want to be prepared for when summer rolls around, get their sets before they sell out!

Go ahead and add this to your list of gifts… and your wish list. You can thank me later.

Saltwater Luxe

So, you want more fashionable clothes, do you? How about some super soft sweaters, or cozy warm jackets? Well, Saltwater Luxe has some of the cutest sweaters and jackets for winter.

One of my all-time favorites is the Miles Sweater which is not only super soft, but has the prettiest shade of green! I also love their Izzy Jacket which is very cozy and is also…green… Well technically it’s a beautiful olive color. Can ya blame me? It’s one of my favorite colors!

The luxurious– yet everyday– clothes are designed by Christa and Kristy and locally crafted in Los Angeles. If it’s a stroll on the beach or an evening out, they got you covered– literally!

If you’re into shopping for dresses, they also have a fantastic collection as well. My advice? If you’re looking for a simple– yet cute– mini dress, I’d get the Amanda Mini Dress.

AKR Design Studio

Okay, this brand is fricken cute. That’s what I have to say first. Second? I have to ask you a few important questions. Do you like puppies? What about cats? Are French Bulldogs your spirit animal? Hhhmm, I thought so. AKR Design Studio has the most adorable stationery and enamel pins, and guess what? A lot of them are bulldog themed! Of course, they have the sweetest cat pins as well.

I got the Fawn French Bulldog Enamel Pin and it is sooo adorable. He’s so cute and tiny! Yea, I like puppy pins. Sue me.

They have very stylish journals and weekly planners as well. And, they sell stickers to decorate your weekly planners with too. You guessed it, they contain French bulldogs.

And? They have holiday cards as well. They’re very pretty and unique in their card designs. Perfect for sending out a few holiday cards to your loved ones all from the comfort of your dormitory!

So sweet and definitely worth adding to your stocking stuffer list. And… well you might as well get one or two for yourself. It’s Christmas!

Graceful District

I really needed some good jeans as of lately. Luckily, I found my perfect pair with Graceful District! Basically, they’re really cute and they feel so comfortable. Each pair of their jeans are designed, cut, and sewn in Los Angeles. They value making clothes that are not only comfortable but ethically and environmentally sourced. I just love these environment-friendly brands!

I would recommend getting their Perfect 4 Pocket Pant (I got one in Olive and Black!) and pair it with a classic tee such as their Sage Scoop Neck Curved Hem Tee. Love them! You can add them to your wish list for your hopeless boyfriend or buy one for your best friend. She’ll love it! Trust me, you’ll feel good in these jeans, and can rest easy knowing they’re friendly to the environment.

Fancii

OoOoOohh this brand! If you love self-care and beauty tools this brand is for you! Fancii has products that will “supercharge your beauty routine” and leave you feeling beautiful!

For example, we’ve all heard of the rose quartz facial massage roller, right? The facial massage is said to get your blood flowing and leave your skin glowing, but does it actually work? Well… I tried it. And guess what? I am glad. It feels soooo good. Not exaggerating, I am now using it every morning during my routine.

Fancii went the extra mile and crafted their rose quartz roller with Brazilian rose quartz, which not only leaves you with a gorgeous addition to your beauty supplies, but… it feels really nice too. According to Fancii “the stone is known for its soothing properties and was even used by Egyptian goddess, Isis, to help maintain her beauty. Hey, if it’s good enough for a goddess . . . it just might work for you.” Hhhmm, and it does indeed leave my skin feeling heavenly as well.

I recommend adding their AEVA Rose Quartz Roller (currently $25!) and their REMI Invigorating Facial Massager (on sale for $33!) to your stocking stuffer gift list. Yeah, did I mention their Invigorating Facial Massager before? Yeah, it’s embedded with 30 germanium-infused stones to help tighten, firm, and stimulate your skin.

Elevé Cosmetics

If you’re the type who can’t help but have loads of fabulous makeup, this makeup brand is a must you have to try! Elevé Cosmetics’ makeup is non-toxic, and they are a vegan-based beauty line. Ultimately, I had to get their Crop Top & Flip Flops palette from their Beachy Collection. The colors are so beautiful and along with the six shimmery and bronze-hued eyeshadows, it comes with two very illuminating bronzers/blushes. And you know the natural look you get from wearing a cream blush? Well, I got one of those too! I’m blushing at the thought of it. 

Elevé Cosmetics is the perfect beauty brand to try or buy as a gift for your friend or college roommate!

But, I have to mention their makeup faux brush set because they are so soft. It’s a collection of six full size vegan brushes. Every brush you need in your makeup routine! I needed a new brush set and this one makes you want to apply a little too much blush. Just so you can feel the softness

ATTITUDE

Okay, I desperately had to tell you about this brand, ATTITUDE – which I enjoy for it’s hand soaps and lotions. Why do we need this brand? Because winter is too gruesome and cruel on the hands. They’re cracking more than my neighborhood’s sidewalks, and that’s a lot of cracks! Well, they were cracking. I’ve started using their hand lotion in hopes of silky smooth skin, and oOooOh it works! They basically feel really soft. Add this brand to your list if you love self-care and silky smooth skin.

The great thing about ATTITUDE is they’re a Canada-based company that produces natural, hypoallergenic, personal care products such as hand soaps, hand lotions, and more! They’re “100% vegan, cruelty-free, and certified by PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and ECOLOGO. Also, they’re exempt from potentially harmful substances according to the Environmental Working Group (EWG).”

What’s not to love? The good thing is, not only will I use their hand lotion throughout the long winter, but they make a great stocking stuffer as well for your mom or siblings! I recommend the Liquid Hand Soap + Body Lotion Bundle for the holidays. My family will be getting some of Attitude’s products as well. 

Verve Culture

Okay my friends, Verve Culture has beautiful and artisan kitchen supplies for your cozy apartment. You have one of two options. One, you be a kind daughter and buy an Artisan Citrus Juicer and Mezcal & Tequila Infusion & Tasting Kit for your mom or dad. Or two, ya just buy it for yourself, make some tequila, and throw a Christmas party in your pajama pants! Because, ya know… there’s a pandemic.

Pajama party! But… it’s gonna be with your dog and virtually with your friends.

Verve Culture’s Artisan Citrus Juicer’s are 100% made by hand. They are “individually cast in sand, grinded by hand, and then hand-polished” to perfection!

If you’re looking for decor or games to gift to your family? Verve Culture also sells wonderful hand-crafted glassware, lifestyle decor, a fantastic hot chocolate gift set, and a classic mah-jongg game set for the whole family! What’s not to love? 

Belcorva

Okay, it is winter, but that doesn’t mean you can’t go for a quick jog or run? Still too cold for you? Well my friend, get ready to roll out the yoga mat and practice your downward facing dog in style! I really love Belcorva’s workout clothes because not only do they have really cute patterns for their workout leggings, but… they have pockets!

I had to get a pair of their Black and White Stripe – Pocket Pant and a pair of their Pocket Shorts. Yep. Pockets. We’ve been through this, they’re great.

The fact is, it’s about time women got some goshdang pockets in their workout pants! There is only so many times you can store your cellphone in your bra. Not the best thing. Not the best. Belcorva designed their workout pants with not one, not two, but four pockets in mind! So now you can store your phone, your wallet, your keys, and whatever else you want while you jog!

I recommend getting a pair as a gift for your friends who love staying active. Everybody can always have an extra pair of workout shorts or leggings.

’47

If your family, friend, or boyfriend worships their favorite sports team, ’47 is the way to go. They have gear for so many sports teams, you’re bound to find your favorite team featured among their hoodies and hats. It’d be a great gift for family and friends!

Yankees? Check. Dallas Cowboys? Yep. Utah Jazz? Definitely. Utah Utes? Bingo. They got it.

’47’s hoodies are very comfortable and durable. Their hats have some really fantastic designs as well. I got a hat and hoodie for Christmas as a gift for my mom… and myself. Teehee, it’s Christmas! Gifts for everyone. Especially these. 

MATE the Label

I really really love MATE’s lounge sets. I know! More lounge sets. Can you ever have too many? I think not! Face the circumstances, we are in the midst of a pandemic! Why can’t we still be fashionable while lounging on our couch? If you do want to look cozy and cute, their lounge sets are so soft and have such beautiful colors!

MATE’s clothes are made sustainably with non-toxic, natural and organic materials right in Los Angeles! Organic cotton “uses 87% less water than conventionally grown cotton and emits 45% less greenhouse gases,” so you’re getting more cozy clothes that are great for the planet!

They’re perfect for your BFF. …or, you? Ya know what? Screw it, get a matching lounge set for your BFF and you. You can even use promo code HERCAMPUS20 at checkout, so you might as well get one for your mom too.

Doctor Plotka’s Mouthwatchers

With all that candy you’ll be throwing into your families stockings, you’ll need a good toothbrush to counteract said candy. The brush I recommend? Get one that is actually efficient and made by a dentist themself! Mouthwatchers toothbrushes are my new best friend. Well… my teeth’s new best friend. We haven’t talked much. But I trust my teeth and they look great!

Mouthwatchers antibacterial toothbrushes are uniquely designed. “The tip of each flossing bristle is one micron, smaller than the thickness of a human hair, allowing the thin bristles to go interdentally between the teeth and break up plaque like no other brush on the market. Additionally, each polyester bristle is infused with silver to eliminate 99.7% of bacteria that typically grow on your brush between uses. Within six hours of using the brush, your toothbrush is virtually bacteria free and ready for your next use.” 

They will not only be a useful stocking stuffer gift for your family, but they will be something they use every day!

Richer Poorer

So you want to stay comfortable and stylish? During these times, a lot of us are working from home, and if you’re looking for a reliable hoodie to lounge in and look cute while wearing out? Look no further than Richer Poorer’s most comfortable hoodies. They have a relaxing fit, classic colors, and guess what? They use recycled fabric in the making of their clothes! So you’re not only wearing something that will last you every winter season at home, but help save the planet a little more! If you don’t get the Recycled Fleece Hoodie, I will. Oops, I already did. 

DANNIJO

I particularly love the tie dyed hoodies from DanniJo, but especially their very creative and cute face masks. They are really eye-catching with their colors and they have cute beads at the end of their tie strings. What’s not to love?

They also have very luxurious and classic silk dresses. So if you do decide to host a virtual holiday party, show off your silk dress and pair it with their jewelry selection as well! And then, when you feel like making it casual, throw on that tie dye hoodie and call it a fashionable day. 

So, did you like any of these brands? Which ones will you be shopping for as gifts for the holiday season? Or are they for yourself?? Don’t worry I won’t tell. The holidays are a time for giving gifts, and receiving them. Even if from yourself.

Written by Michal Mitchell

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter at @jackycoocoo for more articles, celebrity interviews, original poetry and more.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor