Why You HAVE to Go To Zedd’s “True Colors” Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Zedd has quickly become one of the biggest names in music today.  He has taken over the radio and billboard top 100 with songs like Clarity, I Want You to Know, Stay the Night, and Beautiful Now.  Zedd’s second tour, named True Colors after his second album, kicked off on September 8, 2015 at the Great Saltair in Salt Lake City, Utah.  The tour covers 33 venues across the nation, and will go through the end of October.  With Salt Lake City being the first stop on his highly anticipated tour, we had the privilege of experiencing his show on the opening night, and here are the top reasons why you need to buy a ticket.  Like, now.

Very Special Surprise Guests

But first…. lemme take a selfie.

The True Colors tour promises VERY SPECIAL surprise guests joining him on stage.  Although plenty of rumors suggested Skrillex and Adventure Club as the surprises guests for his first stop in SLC, the crowd was slightly surprised, and EXTREMELY ecstatic, when The Chainsmokers’ name popped up on screen.  The New York duo threw down an incredible set, with their hits Selfie and Kanye being the crowd favorites.  Finding out who the surprise guest is should be enough reason on its own for you to want to go! 

UPDATE: 3LAU, DVBBS, Audien, and Benny Benassi have all since been featured as the special guests! 

Madeon

Madeon will make you feel like summer never ended.

Madeon and Dillon Francis are joining Zedd on tour, so one of the two will be the opening DJ for Zedd.  Madeon is only 21, and his 2015 album Adventure has a unique sound and showcases his impressive talent.  His live set had an incredible upbeat, funky-pop vibe- the kind of music you blast in your car with the windows down singing along at the top of your lungs with your best friends.

Zedd (Obviously.)

We’ll run where lights won’t chase us, hide where love can save us, I will never let you go.

I can honestly say that Zedd was one of the BEST DJs I have seen live (and I’ve seen A LOT of DJs).  His set included the kind of music that you’ll know every word to- such as songs from Ellie Goulding, Selena Gomez, Borgore, David Guetta, Haley Williams, Clean Bandit (you know, everyone’s summer 2014 anthem- Rather Be) and more.  

WARNING:  Be prepared to need a loooooooong break after constant dancing throughout his set.

The Stage

The tour isn’t called True COLORS for nothing…

Major props to Zedd’s production crew- because everything from the LED backdrop screens to the lazers to the confetti cannons were sheer perfection.  The stage complemented the music perfectly, and I never wanted to leave Zedds’ LED rainbow wonderland light show extravaganza.  Seriously.  It was that good.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor