Why Spring Break With Your Family Might Be Better Than Spring Break With Your Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

So your spring break this year was either the best trip EVER or… a shit show. Most likely if you went with friends, you probably experienced at least some of the shit show portion versus the “best trip EVER” portion. You’re determined that next year will be better, but how do you improve next year’s spring break trip? Go on a vacation with your family. You might think people will make fun of you for not being cool enough to hang out with friends over spring break, or you might be nervous that you will get bored. Trust me, you do not want to miss this opportunity.

This year for spring break I had a tight budget and was unsure if I would be able to afford going to California with most of my friends. Even though I really wanted to go, I just did not feel like it was worth it to spend all that money. After speaking with my mom and telling her I would be interested in going on a vacation with her and the family instead of a week in California with my friends, she was elated!

Your parents miss you! They want to spend time with you. This was the most exciting news to my family. I figured we would do a pretty simple and inexpensive vacation or a weekend getaway. Little did I know she was going to book an all inclusive resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I found out where we were going when I received an email for my flight confirmation.

I, A POOR COLLEGE STUDENT, HAD UNLIMITED DRINKS AND FOOD ON THE BEACH IN MEXICO.

The weather was beautiful, the drinks were strong, and the food was to die for. I couldn’t have asked for a better spring break. Plus, I was able to spend time with family that I usually do not see very often due to my busy schedule between work, classes, and extracurricular activities. If you’re unsure of what you should do for your next spring break trip, try talking to your family to see if they would be interested in doing a similar vacation.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Photo Sources: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor