roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why Snow Season Is the Best Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

In case you haven’t looked up at the Wasatch Mountains recently, there is a beautiful white dusting. There is no denying it, winter is coming! While lots of collegiettes complain about the cold and the dreary weather, I am here to show you just how wrong you are about winter. There is no other season as festive, comfy, and beautiful as Winter. Fall can try with its vibrant colors, and Spring can attempt to beat out Winter with the beautiful blooms, and Summer can compete with longer breaks from classes, but Winter by far takes the win.

Here are the 10 reasons why snow season is the best season:

1. Winter turns Utah into a magical place, especially after fresh snowfall!

2. Temple Lights: Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, the lights downtown SLC are absolutely gorgeous. Nighttime lights up and the whole city fills with people. SLC may not be the biggest city but during winter it becomes vibrant and lively.

3. Rosy cheeks: It’s the time when snowflakes are getting caught in your eyelashes and you always have a nice glow to your face even without the blush!

4. Winter Sports: Ok, you may not be a professional skier, and this may be your first year even being around snow, but I promise there is a sport for you. Whether it is luging or snowboarding or tubing, you will fall in love with a fun winter sport. Give it a chance, bundle up with a group of friends and try out a new sport.

5. Cozy sweaters and comfy blankets: This is the time to show everyone how being comfortable IS a style. You can spend all day in bed with sweats and a t-shirt on or wear a beanie and five scarfs and no one will judge you. You owe it to yourself to prove that you can be more comfy than everyone around you.

6. The desire to stay indoors: I don’t know about all you collegiettes, but sometimes I just want to Netflix binge and never leave my room. During other seasons this seems completely rude of me, but during snow time there seems to be an agreement that if I want to lay in bed and blast the heat and ignore everyone that is okay!

7. Starbucks seasonal drinks: Goodbye PSL…Welcome Caramel Brulee Latte! I order them at least three times a week, although it really takes a toll on the budget it is a good investment.

8. The holiday spirit: Maybe you celebrate Christmas, maybe you have a big Thanksgiving dinner, or maybe you do nothing at all. Either way the holiday spirit is happening! People are in a giving mood, your mailbox may actually have some cards in them and best of all those Christmas cookies are coming your way!

9. Snowball fights and snow angels: As much fun as going outside and playing Frisbee is, winter time offers way better front yard activities! Nothing is more fun than a snowman building competition or surprise snowball fight. You may get a little cold and a little wet, but that makes jumping in bed all the better.

10. Winter Break: And of course you get a few weeks off from school to enjoy all of these things about the snow! 

Enjoy the snow and stay warm collegiates!

I am a current journalism student at the University of Utah. I have spent my years in college studying, traveling, and writing. I am a campus writer for the University of Utah and have my own blog Beautiful Detour. If I am not on campus I am hopefully off in another country meeting new people...or lying in my bed under a million blankets watching that day's netflix binge.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor